How to enter castle?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
katpaf
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

How to enter castle?

I'm stuck in chapter two because I can't get into the castle in Valley of Mines. I read somewhere that I have to transform myself into a wolf to pass the orcs that are guarding the entrance. The problem is that I can't do any magic AT ALL! I'm a member of the militia and even though I've tried it is impossible for me to cast any spells. I don't have any runes and don't know where to get them. Help me!
Post Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:41 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

you don't need magic, you can also run to the ram and run up it as human, you just have to survive the orcs running after you.
or you can use a transform into ... scroll but be sure to retransform to human intime or the guards will attack you
Post Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:05 pm
Silvayn
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Just in case you need a more detailed howto...

The mentioned ram is on the opposite side of the castle (opposite to your position when you come down the hill, to the castle). As hinted by a guy standing there, stick to the river and avoid everything that's moving. You can't go the whole way via river tho, once you find a curve (going beneath a wooden palisade), then go through the forest. You'll find a wooden path there (and encounter some animals, but no orcs if you are on the right track). Once you see the ram thingy, just run. (and be prepared to jump onto it)
Post Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:48 pm
Rangehurts
High Emperor
High Emperor

Agree^^

Or if you have time nd you are patient, than go ahead and kill all orks. Than you can slowly walk around looking for the way to enter which Silvayn posted above.
Post Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:52 pm
katpaf
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Where's the entrance?

thanx for all your help!

But I'm still stuck (feel kinda stupid). I went through the forrest and ran all that I could towards what I thought was the entrance of the castle, but I just can't get in! There are two flags there that I suspect marks the entrance but there isn't any! Where am I supposed to climb to get in?
Post Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:10 pm
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

They mentioned a Ram which is a giant log which has been used to hit the Castle with to damage it.
If you run up the log you can get in where it has been damaged.

Hang in there you are almst there and it is worth the trouble
What level are you as a Mercenary and what are you Stats like Strength and Dexterity and do you use bow?
Post Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:17 pm
Silvayn
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hmmm, I don't recall any flags marking the ram... the thing is, there isn't really anything flashy saying "Secret alternative castle entrance here". Basically, once you are out of the small forest, you'll be standing next to a river and the castle will be downhill, not far from you. This is approximatelly (right after the forest) the spot where you stop going around the castle and start moving towards it. The ram is a long, dark thingy going from the ground to a partially collapsed castle wall. You hop onto it and just walk towards the wall.
Post Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:18 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Nope, no flags. Why would the orcs put flags next to there ram?
Post Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:15 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

The two flags are at the old entrance and is guarded by some orcs and a shaman.....looking at the castle entance with the flags, the ram is to the right. You went about a hundred yards to far

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:29 pm
CIACinderella
Village Leader
Village Leader

It helps too if you use a speed potion to run up the ram. Good luck to you!
Post Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:14 pm
Rangehurts
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by CIACinderella
It helps too if you use a speed potion to run up the ram. Good luck to you!

It helps too if you use a speed potion to run TO the ram. No need to use a speed potion while running on the ram. While you are half way on the ram Orks wont get you.
Post Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:56 pm
CIACinderella
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Rangehurts
It helps too if you use a speed potion to run TO the ram. No need to use a speed potion while running on the ram. While you are half way on the ram Orks wont get you.

Ah, sorry! That's what I meant to say.
Post Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:03 pm
katpaf
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

One last question...

Ok guys, thanx for all your help. I found the ram, I went too far into the woods before. I tried transforming myself into a wolf and run on to the ram. The only problem is I don't know how to change back!

I'm a level 10 militia, but I only have like 10 mana, is that too little?. I can't access my inventory list when I'm a wolf, I wonder why..
Post Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:26 pm
Rangehurts
High Emperor
High Emperor

dont know how to change back? Me too. Try "enter"
Post Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:19 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

hehehe I had the same problem in gothic 1. I tried every button of my keyboard accept the most logic one
That was frustrating
everybody who played G1 remembers the place where you had to use a scroll of transform into meatbug doesn't they?
Post Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:51 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next