Usergroups
Why does everyone say gothic rules
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

I wouldn't imagine facing down an orc in plated armor with a massive axe would be a walk in the park in the 'real' world...

I don't find combat that difficult... I died hideously to a temple guarding orc in a sewer somewhere a few times, and I avoid Kwanza Warriors as much as humanly possible.

Of course... any spell thrower gives me a hard time. Someday I'll make my Mage-Slayer or Negamage again and then I'll show them a thing or three! Until then my Argonian Pearl Diver just lets out a resigned chirp when he runs into a magic user, closes his eyes, and prepares to reload.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Mon May 13, 2002 12:49 pm
Mephisto
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

GIG: Glad it turned out for the better for you. Have fun
Post Mon May 13, 2002 1:53 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous

You can't fly with any spell in Gothic. Unless you know something that I don't, which is unlikely considering that I played through Gothic as a mage.

Transform into bloodfly scroll. Bloodflies travel twice as fast as humans, can fly up most mountains (sometimes tricky ) and take no damage when flying straight down from whatever height.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 2:02 pm
radioman970
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

MW is easy to misjudge at first. You want it to run smooth on a Athlon 1.4 Ti4600 system. It seems like it should. (spoiler?) But after walking and walking in one direction for a long time I came to a dark sinister area (northeast of Balimar) with lava and ruins that looked like something from Juiles Vern. I looked at the map and I'd barely gone anywhere! These guys did a hell of a job with this game. The combat is acceptable and the framerates are not bad if you make sure MW is the only thing running besides essentials. If I could only have one - Gothic or MW - I'd choose MW in a second. There is so much to do and discover! And it all looks unbelievable. If you don't already have a Ti4600 save and buy one! I upped from a GF2GTS and it's a definate improvement for both games. Get the MSI model GF4 Ti4600 and you'll get the full games No One Lives Forever, Sacrifice and AquaNox. All of these are terrific. AquaNox has great gfx to show it off. Makes me glad I did'nt bother with X-Box or Playstation 2. Make sure your system can take all this heat. My "good" computer is OFF until new fans come. The CPU was hitting critical. Anyway, both games offer a lot to we RPG fans. Just have the system to take advantage or wait until you do.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 6:15 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3