Usergroups
Joining the Old Camp
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Christina the Warrior
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ok, I'm at level 6, I've killed Kirgo, challenged Kharim, gave the sword to Whistler, what else do I need to do to become a Shadow and join the camp? Please someone help me, I'm getting very frustrated, I really want to join the old camp. Thanks!
Post Fri Jan 11, 2002 3:36 am
Boogie
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Talk to sly in the old camp, also the gaurd close to Fisk needs you to do some theivin. There is also a test of faith that Diego will send you on. If Im not mistaken, Diego wont talk about the test until you have talked to Thorus about certain things.

[ This Message was edited by: Boogie on 2002-01-10 22:48 ]
Post Fri Jan 11, 2002 4:46 am
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Also, there's numerous posts about that very topic. Do a search or just scroll through some pages, and you'll find all the quests listed for you...

Post Fri Jan 11, 2002 2:10 pm
RingWrath
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

And if your 'really' lazy;
Sly will ask you to find neks amulet, you can find the small cave you must goto just infront of the south gate (out side the old camp, but not as far as the bridge)
and Fingers will vouch for you if u learn a theifing skill, learn lockpicking level one then ask him to vouch for you.
you should just ask people who are the infuential people in the outer ring, and read your note book to find out who to goto
Post Fri Jan 11, 2002 3:03 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

dont go to sly, thats a waste of 10 point.
This is the fastest way in:
Scatty's Quest
Nek Quest
Whistler Quest
Thorus Quest *
Test of Faith *
Drex's Quest

* these quests have alternate endings to them, be careful how you handle
Post Fri Jan 11, 2002 3:43 pm
RingWrath
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

erm dont goto sly??
i assume you mean fingers?
sly's quest is 'Neks amulet'
fingers is the dude who will vouch for you if you learn a theifing skill..
Post Fri Jan 11, 2002 3:45 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I think that nobody needs to use something like walktrough in this first part of game.
Just speak with everybody with "special" name in that part of town, that is availaible for you.
Good idea is to walk around during day, because in night are some of them in their huts.
Just speak with them and keep your eyes on what are you telling them and what they are saying to you.
I am not good in english and it wasnt difficult for me, so it will not be difficult for you .
Post Fri Jan 11, 2002 7:21 pm
Christina the Warrior
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I've completed all the quests except for Thorus: I can't kill Mordrag because at a certain point in the fight, he runs away and I can't catch him, so I tried to have him lead me to the new camp, but then he just runs around in circles right outside the Southgate so I just ran back into the old camp and now he's nowhere to be found, but when I go to Thorus, it's like I never encountered Mordrag at all. I've tried to complete Drex's Quest, but I don't know who Drex is, I learned hunting skills from Drax, and picklocking skills from Fingers. Do I have to go see Cavalorn? I completed the Test of Faith, defeated Kirgo and challenged Kharim, but of course he won. I found Nek and gave the amulet to Sly, talked with Diego, but he's no help, he always says the same thing. I'd like very much to move on, can someone please give me some more advice. Thanks so much, I'm not trying to cheat or have someone play the game for me, it's just that I'm stuck and need some help. Thanks again!
Post Sun Jan 13, 2002 6:39 pm

Dexler is near fisk. He's on a bench by one of the houses around the fire.

His task is very easy, and given all the other stuff you've done, it should be enough.
Post Sun Jan 13, 2002 6:49 pm

Christina the Warrior
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I went to Dexter or whatever his name is, but he doesn't have a task for me. All he tells me about is the sect camp and his goods. What am I missing?
Post Sun Jan 13, 2002 8:12 pm

quote:

On 2002-01-13 14:12, Christina the Warrior wrote:
I went to Dexter or whatever his name is, but he doesn't have a task for me. All he tells me about is the sect camp and his goods. What am I missing?

He should want you to steal the recipe for healing or something from cor kalom (however you spell it). In my first pass through the game I think I did this too late and I never got the dialogue for the quest either.
Post Sun Jan 13, 2002 8:36 pm