G2 add-on, G3
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

G2 add-on, G3

Does anyone know some real facts over the english add-on? or a site were you can read more about it? and Facts about Gothic 3? or a site of such kind?
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:53 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

There aren't any facts about Gothic 3 only that they are working on it and that they are using a different engine .

About the addon, if you know German you could check out:

http://www.piranha-bytes.com/addon/content_german/home.php
The official german site

http://mondgesaenge.de/G2ADB/
German database, contains all the spoilers you don't want to know.

For stuff in English I'd say check out this or Jowood's forum, there aren't any large English Gothic 2 fansites as far as I know
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:59 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

damn I suck in german language. But still thx
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:03 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

I'll translate something, Just a moment
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:08 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Huge spoiler

Most of this you'll know already, don't read if you don't want to know

Spoiler:
1. Seriously increased difficulty level. Especially Orcs, Lizard men, Dragons and Seekers are way more powerful. Seekers are now circle six necromancers with Rain of Fire and so on. Dragons have way more armor and regenerate HP very fast. Other creatures just do more damage and have better armor.

2. Weapons and armor changed. Weapons are stronger, reguire more strength.Orc slayer is now 130 Strength, 130 Damage. Strongest weapons is now Berserkeraxe (170 Strength, 200 Damage). Crossbows now require strength to be used.

3. Unnecessary things to learn are cheaper. Forging only two Lp, Animal processing is cheaper too, and so on

4. Needed learning points increased. The higher say your strength the more learning points upto 5 Lp for one point. Same for fighting, you don't train the other simultaniously, but for the first 30% it's 1 Lp for one percent, for 30 till 60% it costs 2 Lp per percent, higher costs 3 Lp per percent

I'll continue later (need to eat first )
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:18 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

Ow so it's more a mod than an add-on. I hoped they would saw a new chapter or so to Gothic 2 that would have been more fun
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:04 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

More about the addon:

Spoiler:
5. Some new potions can be brewed with alchemy, like "Pure Life-energy", which gives total healing. Strength and Dex potions are less powerful (only +3 instead of +5), Potions for more Hp are stronger so that it actually makes a difference.

6. New Beliar and Adanos runes and spells and even a magic Beliar-sword. Spells have gained some strength too, after all the enemies are stronger. Every spell now only requires 5 Mana, even spells like Fire rain and so on! Runes require more Mana than to used to.

7. Rings and Amulets are less powerful. But you can get more of them, also in early chapters (you can buy some of them). There are also sets of Amulet + 2 rings which give you when you have the complete set 160 Hp or 40 Mana or 40 Armor. The Eye of Innos now gives +10 on Weapons- and Arrows-, +45 on Dragonfire- and +20 on Magicprotection.

8. More items to increase stats like stonetables and belts, so it's not just harder. Self-forged swords are more useful: They give you +10% fighting. Other weapons give you bonusses too.

9. A complete new world, Jharkendar. About the size of the VoM and Khorinis together, with a Bandits- and Piratescamp. A dessert and a large Swamp. Large ruins, etc. An ancient world!
Khorinis and VoM changed a little too, there's now an excavation near the pyramids, for example.

10. New NPC's. The Water mages and Raven's Guard are back. Also in Khorinis there are a lot more banditcamps and new NPC's, for example.

11. New quests and old quests have more ways to be solved.

12. New sideguilds that can be joined. Like the Ring of Water, a secret organisation that protects and helps the Watermages in Jharkendar.

13. Lose ends in the story are used to tell the new one. About some 5 artifacts, don't know that for sure.

14. Armor stats changed. Paladin's armor offers now 150 Weapons protection. There are also new types of armor, like Heavy Raven's Guard Armor, that you can wear.

15. New enemies. Like bloodhounds, swamprats, grasslandscavenger. I like the last one very much

Tha's it for now. Here one last picture of a grasslandscavenger, which I like very much.

Last edited by Sem on Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:14 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by titus
Ow so it's more a mod than an add-on. I hoped they would saw a new chapter or so to Gothic 2 that would have been more fun

Read the rest and then judge again, it sure is an addon. Or better an addin, couse it affects the entire story and gameplay.
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:22 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

Wow So It get's interesting. But you don't have to have played it out, Am I right? because I deleted the game of the disc , I needed the space
I am especially interested in the new part of the world. Do you know More about it?
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:24 pm
megadav
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Thanks the info!!
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:31 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Here goes

Spoiler:
I don't know the exact story, but you need to free Jharkendar from Raven (from Gothic 1) who wants to join forces with Beliar. The watermages are very important in this part of the story, which takes place between chapter 1 and 2.

You need to get a powerful artifact (not the eye, but a different one). Xardas tells you about it just after your resurrection. The 5 artifacts I mentioned before are teleporters.

Well, German gamers say that the immerse world is even more beautiful than Khorinis. It contains a lot of new enemies, items, NPC's and so on. Beautiful and dangerous crypts and ancient tombes with creatures that don't want to be disturbed. A large swamp-like forest, a large coastline with Pirates (beautiful camp), many Bandits (you can even join them).

Did a say that you can now mine gold and dig up treasures using your pick-axe? Well, you can

Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:38 pm
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

Dear GOD!!! I can't wait! Ah, so Gorath was wrong: You can join the Water Mages.

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:46 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

No, he is right. I made a little mistake. I translated the German "Ring des Wassers" like Circle of Water, but it's Ring of Water (made the correction). The Ring of Water are the warriors of Adanos and the protectors of the Watermages, sort of what the Paladins are for Innos and the fire mages. Only the Ring of Water is a secret organisation.
You can join this Ring of Water, but not the Watermages, sorry.
You can learn Runes from the Watermages, though. As a firemage. (That makes sense )
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:01 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

HOLY COW! - - - I can't wait to get hold of this little beauty.
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:01 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Haha, the more info I find the better it becomes for me. I'm very curious about the new storyline and the new NPC's who have returned from gothic 1. I never played gothic 1, so I like the history part and the things those NPC's tell you about "back then when the barrier was still in place"

I want it
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:41 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next