Two Handed Skill Bug???
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Tenaka
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Two Handed Skill Bug???

I have my one handed skill at 30% (Fighter) and my two handed is at 33% (but still rookie). Cord will not teach me in two handed as he says I am not good enough but he will teach me one handed. Is this a bug?

No one else will teach me as they say I am too good for them. I am in the mercenaries guild and have just got a hold of Dragonslicer and this is what I want to train two handed for. I am still in chapter two so Hakron is a long way off yet.

Can anyone else train me? This is so damn annoying....
Post Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:05 pm
Mercenary
Helpful Friend
Helpful Friend

this might happen if you trained last 5 % with a book. Double Block (At least i think)

Next time you will train ...... it will change (i think)

If u can't train at anyone. You can try with cheats.

You get in the marvin mode. Then you enter Edit Abilities. And write hitchance. In hitchance try to expiriment to see which nuumber changes your 2h %. Then write 29. And train at your previous teacher.

If that doesn't help. I don't know what to do.

I hope that helps.

-=Captain of Militia of RPGDot Shadows=-
-=Leader of Mercenaries of Gothic Rogues=-
-=Proud member of NFG=-
-=Forever one soul of Seekers of Chromanin=-
Post Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:36 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yes right, he read the books probably and game thinks differently.

Hit Chance is actually the base mininum damage done for a non-critical hit. It is hard coded and can be changed via hex editor. It is set at 5 for a non-critical hit plus a bonus of about STR/10. The name is a bit misleading.

You can try in marvin mode Insert Ch to get the Character Helper dude. By talking to him, you can change anything. It is in German but you can figure it out.

You should write down all your data since you may have to reset your character then re-build him back up. Use Edit Abilities to give yourself exact LP. Also throw your inventory, armor everything on ground to pick up later since it will be affected if you must do a total reset.

Or just hack the savegame...easy...but not easy to explain here how to do it. must look for certain code patterns.

If you have trouble; send me your save game and exactly what you want for stats and skills changed and I can send it back to you fixed; if you have trouble with 'Insert CH' Character Helper cheat from the Marvin mode.
Post Sat Sep 06, 2003 7:35 pm
Tenaka
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Re 2H Skill Bug

Well guys you are both right. I bought the Double Block skill off Lutero just before setting off to Valley of MInes. So this is my problem.

Quick question....If Cord teaches me 1 point in One handed, will my 2 handed increase as well - this is the impression I get from the in game advice on how they wrok together after a certain level?

Many thanks to you both and I will try out what you have said.
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 3:30 pm
Tenaka
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I have just answered my own question. With mor LP's I returned to Cord and asked him to train my one handed skill. My two handed incresed as well at the cost of an extra LP per %raised. I.E. 1 point in 1h and 1 point in 2H for the cost of 2LP's. Now Cord is happy to train me in both 1H and 2H.
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:35 am