Usergroups
wizardry newbie, need party formation advice
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
vorticone
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yep, "cap" is just the word I used for the level I would need for all "my" instruments. (English ain't my native language, you see...)

I guess I will start with what I have now and see how I do in combat etc. Maybe I will start over 3 or 4 times, but that would be nothing new to me... always did that with most crpgs anyways...

Thanks for the tips, you were really helpful! =D
Post Thu Apr 11, 2002 4:48 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Hello Vorticone,

good that you registred. It is always better to speak with someone with name. So welcome aboard.

Your party is good. Good enough for fine game experience and for not too much problems.
Most important think is - "go with party that you like".

It is surely good to have versatile characters, but you probably (after playing dome) know, that if character is healer, he ussually casts image screen and then heals and heals and heals. If you character is combat mage then he casts protection spell first round and then attacks and attacks and attacks. Being short: you need your character to do what he is supposed to do and to do it very well.
I say it only to show that multiclass or versatile (such as bishop) characters are not such a big advantage.

Multileveling is wholy problematic.
Low level spells, instuments etc. are ineffective against high level monsters and because all your skills that belong to first class and do not belong to second will be locked forever and will not improve, you will shortly find that level 10 character is not very useful against level 20 monsters (I mean when you have level 10 bart/level 20 rogue, your level 10 bard is not very useful later in game).
Yes, you can experiment with multiclassing and surely you can gain several advanteges. But again, I say this to show to you that it is very problematic.

Good luck with your party.

Dteowner
thanks for suggestions. But I will not make such topic sticky. If you want to redirect someone to other topic and if you do not want to write things again and again, you can just place link to your post.
Question about party is very often question here and I want it to be discuss again and again and I do not want to make new people here feel that everything was said before.
However again thanks for suggestion and if everyone just want something or have some advices/requirements for this forum, send me PM or write it somewhere .
Post Thu Apr 11, 2002 5:12 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Val- thanks for the instructions. For some reason, I never noticed that the board has a regular http: type address. I always seem to miss the simple things

Danicek- good points. Lord knows I can talk about party composition all day long (note that I don't guarantee the quality of my talk), so we'll just keep it rolling.

Vorticone- Ich weiss nur ein kleines Bischen Deutch. Ich hab im Hochschule zwei Jahre studieren, aber war es funfzehn Jahre vor. That ought to prove that I can mangle your language far worse than you can hope to mess up mine
Post Thu Apr 11, 2002 8:28 pm
vorticone
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for all the wonderful tips. I started my first party yesterday evening, and it had the following composition:

Dracon Male Fighter (using short bow, battle axe and shield)

Human Male Samurai (using katana and wakizashi)

Human Female Monk (using bo, bare hands, shuriken)

Felpurr Male Ranger (using short bow, spear)

Faerie Female Bishop (using faerie stick, sling)

Hobbit Female Bard (using sling, dagger and main gauche)

RPC: Myles

I played Lower and Upper Monastery so far and my party rocks. Had not a single death the whole time, and I saved in Arnika at the temple. My party is level 5 now, and the fighter and bard are soon level 6.

Since I run a patched copy of the game, should I even work on my pickpocket skills? I heard that the skill is pretty useless with a patched game, is that true?

My current plans are to explore Arnika and then maybe head back to the Monastery and clear the roads in between of monsters so I can work on my skills and maybe even level up. Especially my bishop needs to work on her magic skills. Should I decide early on for a field of magic (wizardry, alchemy, divinity, psionic) or maybe two and ignore the others except for low level spells?
Post Fri Apr 12, 2002 8:16 am
Shadow_Fyre
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

With the Bishop, there are several good guides to getting the most out of your bishop on these forums (Check Jandrall, AtlusSeven, etc). They can a good job of giving you ideas on how you want your bishop to grow. Party as a whole looks pretty good and well balanced. Enjoy

Post Fri Apr 12, 2002 11:58 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Bishop is good character but he surely requires more work than priest, but every way is possible .
Post Sat Apr 13, 2002 2:07 pm

my current party is a (human samurai, mook monk, rawolf ninja, dracon bishop, elf priest, and a gmone mage), this is a strong party but i made a new one that i think is going to be alot stronger. (felper samurai, lizardman monk, human ninja, human bishop, dracon priest, and a gnome mage) they have better attribute points and hit points but mainly samurai, monk, ninja, bishop, priest, mage they all get magic three are very powerful fighters that get critical attacks and the other three get very powerful magic so this a good first time players party
Post Sat Apr 13, 2002 6:53 pm

Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Anonymous I think this will be very interesting and "magics_based" party.
It is little bit unusual to have monk, bishop, priest and mage together in one party.
Post Sat Apr 13, 2002 6:56 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2