Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Post your best thieving jobs & locations here...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread

Post your best thieving jobs & locations here...

Thought I would start a thread where all would-be thieves could look up where some of the best heists can be pulled off. So I'll post my best so far.
Shop/House: Alchemist shop owned by some necromancer woman.
Quest: Steal a diamond from the said necromancer woman. Given by the Thieves guild at the South Corner Bar.
Heist: Go into the main door of the shop (on the ground floor). You will be facing a wall as soon as you enter. Hit the sneak (CTRL) button. Turn your mouse to the left. You will see a shelf with all kinds of alchemy equipment on it (including a Grandmaster's Mortar & Pestel worth 4000 gp.) Inch over towards the shelf (always holding CTRL in) with your crosshairs on one of the items. You are close enough to steal the item when you see it's name appear. Then if your sneak indicator is still lit, shoplift away. Note that while you are facing the shelf there is a guard immediatley to your right. Luckily there is a support beam that you can position between yourself and him (and I think that's why sneak works in this particular spot). If the beam wasn't there I don't think I could've taken all the stuff. Now after that do a 180 and you can shoplift all the other stuff (crates, etc.) in the opposite corner of the room. You have to hide from the shopkeeper this time though. I was able to steal everything from this shop (so much I was over-encumbered and had to drop some of it). Good luck fellow five-finger discounters!
Post Fri May 10, 2002 8:37 pm

XeroX
The MasterCopy
The MasterCopy

My best selfservice in a shop, was in Balmora.
Its a weapons and armor shop of a catlike creature.
I went around a corner and stole 2 types of helms, 2 gloves, a shield, leg protection, 3 short blades, 2 ninja stars and his light.
I went in with no armor and came out wearing my newly stolen armor.
I walked right passed him and he did nothing. When i tried to sell him one of the stolen helmets, he said that it was his, but did not take it from me, so i just sold it in a other store.
That guy was really stupid.

To join the Sportfans PM me
www.feyenoord.com
Post Fri May 10, 2002 11:15 pm

Ghostgate - Full set+ of glass armor (the + was a duplicate cuirass and helm) from the armorer downstairs. This was not a 'clean' heist as i had to pay a 25 gold bounty for pickpocketing. Seeing as the total value of the armor I got was well over 100k I wasn't too concerned.

I pickpocketed him to get him to attack me (actually I didn't take anything from him, just opened and closed the pickpocket window several times to piss him off). Once he got mad and started to attack I ran out the door and maneuvered him to the far side of a table, then ran into his shop, slammed the door in his face and looted the place.

I recalled to Balmora (I have a recall mark here as my center of operations) then dropped all the loot, walked over to a guard and paid my 25 gold bounty
Post Sat May 11, 2002 12:27 am

Vik Lott

Best Job

Hilauu(Chek spelling) Vault. Picked and disarmed 95 door with 2 ordinators and two treasury workers present. Picked and disarmed second door(90) with two ordinators present. The bounty was great.....glass armor, glass weapons, ebony blade, jewels, and mucho cash.

I wonder if the people that placed their items in the vault ever realize they are missing?[b]
[/b]
Post Wed May 15, 2002 12:57 am

Spawnster75

Good spoils at Dren Plantations

i'm quite early in the game and still at level 1 playing a Redguard Fighter/Thief. i was wondering around Pelagiad and stumbled upon the Dren Plantation. There's a few mansion at the end of the plantation near the sea. i went into one of them (on the right me thinks) and went upstairs. There is a Dunmer armourer at the end with some very nice armor. i shoplifted the following when he wasn't looking. a bit tricky though since he's very near.

1) Ebony armor - 35000gold
2) Dwemer greaves (i think) - around 40K-50K
3) a helm (the one with the yellow face) - 61K - get this only 4.5kg and 60-80 armor!!!

it was quite heavy carrying the above with all my other stuff so that right now i'm just wearing the ebony armor and the yellow faced helm. armor rating at 33. quite good since all the other normal armor (full body) gave me only 20 armor points. there are also a few shacks around which is good for taking if u r ready to take on some of it's dwellers. i've killed one of them for some armor and the shack has been my storage space.
Post Wed May 15, 2002 1:40 am

i have looted and stole so much, that i honestly am saying that i have every single full set of armor in the game, and i think every unique armor.

The entire city of seyda neen is my storehouse. one house is weapons, one is armor, one is potions, one is spells etc. So far i only have all the armor though
Post Wed May 15, 2002 2:32 am

don't know if slaughtering a whole whole then looting counts for this buti'm gonna post it.....once in the dren plantation i went to the viall and killed everyone there...this got me a draic(DID not spell it right) katan, shield a ebony armour some glass swords(three magic) a ebony spear and some other high price stuff but belive it or not i had NO bounty
Post Thu May 16, 2002 3:38 am

Vivec Hall of Justice

Go inside, then up to the second floor ordinator barracks and justice offices. You can steal many pieces of ordinator armor from their chests, etc., e.g., I got 4 helmets worth 3000 each, gauntlets, boots, pauldrons etc. each worth thousands.
Post Thu May 16, 2002 3:48 am

Vivec Hall of Justice

Go inside, then up to the second floor ordinator barracks and justice offices. You can steal many pieces of ordinator armor from their chests, etc., e.g., I got 4 helmets worth 3000 each, gauntlets, boots, pauldrons etc. each worth thousands.
Post Thu May 16, 2002 3:50 am

Bohonkie

I went to the Mudan Grotto, just off the coast from Ebonheart, and I got tons of loot. First I found a drarven claymore and some greaves, only about 4k a piece. But then I made my way through a locked door, and fought a big baddie. In the locked chest in the room, there was a single Dragonbone Cuirass worth 180,000 gold alone. It has an armor rating of 186. Not bad, eh? Now, if I can just find the rest of the set....

-Bohonkie
Post Thu May 16, 2002 5:28 am