View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Pendr4gon
But... i surely misanderstood something, i mean, you told me i need to be of an higher guild grade in order to impress xardas to cooperate with the water and the fire magicians... but if now you tell me i won't be able to reach and higher guild until the second part (after the eye of innos)... how i'm supposed to impress that annoying necromancer? (sorry but i still don't get it, i know it's kind of hard to explain something without spoiling the rest, but i really didn't understand this part).

Spoiler: Okay, the "second part" is (highlight to view) release Bennett.

Sorry for my English again. Try to understand how difficult it is to learn an European language for an Asian.
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 5:26 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

For a City Guard proving Bennets innocence meant promotion for Paladin. While Benet is necesseary to repair the Eye maybe same quest grants You promotion to Dragon Hunter?
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 7:20 pm
Pendr4gon
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Kiwi Boy
Sorry for my English again. Try to understand how difficult it is to learn an European language for an Asian.

That's not the problem, even for me english isn't my primary language
It's only that the situation was a bit tricky to understand, now it's all clear thanks
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 7:31 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yes. Not sure, though, I think Bennet will award the Light Dragon Slayer armor. Need to ask the dragon slayers for that.
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 7:32 pm
Pendr4gon
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by bora
For a City Guard proving Bennets innocence meant promotion for Paladin. While Benet is necesseary to repair the Eye maybe same quest grants You promotion to Dragon Hunter?

I hope so, i'll try and keep you informed
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 7:32 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Maybe awarding Light Dragon Slayers armor means promotion? After all Mercs are rather paramilitary organisation in contradiction to Paladins.
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 7:34 pm
Pendr4gon
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Yup i've been promoted after rescuing Bennet, and awarded with the LIGHT (*sigh*) dragon hunter armor. However here starts the fun and then impossible part:
First of all i went to the castle (old camp) to gain informations about the dragons, but during my trip, i met A LOT of dragon hunters, in HEAVY armor... so i thought for a second: i'm supposed to be the hero, the best, the one who saved Bennet and helped the mercenaries in many ways blabla... the result is: light armor to me, and heavy armor to many idiots never seen before.... *sigh* well i reached the castle anyway, and here arrived the funnier part. The paladin who teaches 1h and 2h combat (don't remember the name) was babbling about someone having stolen his purse, and i found it near the smithy, i brought it back to him, and he started asking where i found it, then he accused me of having stolen it, and i had only 2 choice (hadn't saved before speaking to him) errr... "kiss my ass" (so eveyone in the castle would have owned me) or "i suppose it was one of the dragon hunters", i chose of course the second, and the paladin ran like crazy to the poor (but not so poor indeed!) Jan, the dragon hunter smithy, the fun part is that jan really OWNED the paladin LOL! i was even able to rob the paladin of his sword and everything else (even his purse LOL), i saved, and speaking to him i asked for my reward, which in the paladin's view was a punch in the jar... and so with 1hp he started punching me without a weapon... too funny to see a man in a heavy armor running around kicking and punching everywhere lol. However i soon started searching for some dragons, the first one i headed for was the ice one, (well it's the first i found), so after having killed sylvio the asshole and his lackey bulco (hated those guys at first sight) i found myself in front of two ice golem, which i'm still asking myself how the hell i'm supposed to kill them without being a magician, however thanks to a scroll of "trasform in something" i was able to get past them, killed some lizard mans, and here i'm in front of the dragon... so now i'm asking you all for some tips, because i don't really understand how to kill him without hiding in higher ground and firing for ages with the crossbow, which sounds very lame to me... the dragon breath not only do a lot of damage, but does even trow me away each time, so i can't even manage to hit him 1 time... what can i do about it? I'm sure there are thousands topic about that, but what i really want to know is if you fought against the dragons in light armor or if there is something else to do to receive a thougher armor before dealing with them, or if they must be killed in a particular order, or if, most important, i should restart my game since i wanted my character to be able to do a little bit of everything, and so i'm still at 40% in 2h combat (and 10LP for 5% is way too much imho, to reach 60%+ and having the necessary strenght i wouldn't have any other skills, which in a rpg really sux). Any suggestions? thanks
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 11:45 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

I fought them all in light armor (never strove to get the heavy sort), and taking a high vantage point and shooting them *is* very effective if you're a trained crossbowman, as 'lame' as it may be.
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 12:04 pm
Pendr4gon
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Jaz
I fought them all in light armor (never strove to get the heavy sort), and taking a high vantage point and shooting them *is* very effective if you're a trained crossbowman, as 'lame' as it may be.

Oh well... i suppose i have no other choises...
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 12:14 pm
Irf
High Emperor
High Emperor

The ice dragon is the strongest, so not a good idea going for him first. To get the medium dragon slayer armor you need to get Jan his job, and give him 20 dragon scales, then wait a day and he'll demand 12000 gold coins, which took me some time to get, but it makes the job easier!
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 12:29 pm
Pendr4gon
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Irf
The ice dragon is the strongest, so not a good idea going for him first. To get the medium dragon slayer armor you need to get Jan his job, and give him 20 dragon scales, then wait a day and he'll demand 12000 gold coins, which took me some time to get, but it makes the job easier!

I don't think it's gonna be easy but thanks for the info
I have to ask something very important now however... i had to kill an orc shaman as a quest given to me by a paladin, however i confused the name and killed the orc shaman which was present in gothic1, the one who could create for you the strange weapon which while wielded allowed you walk past the orcs without being attacked... i also saved after killing him, without realizing i killed the wrong one... he was necessary or very important for the main quest or i can go on without any problems? In other words, i should better reload a previous save (very old compared to the last one) or it was a matter of no importance?
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 3:00 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Pendr4gon
he was necessary or very important for the main quest or i can go on without any problems?

No, it's just a side quest. Didn't talk to him at all because I don't want to lose an orc friend.
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 3:15 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

About shaman. It goes like this. This friendly one will have some dialogs with you about how he wanted to come back beeing shaman but his fellow orcs didn`t want him to and much blabla. Then he asks you if you could grant him a passage to the main shaman Hosh-pak? his teacher. In this moment I already killed all orcs including Hosh-pak - he died in chapter 2. So I had only one option I told him that he is dead. So my friend went to the place where Hosh-pak was before. I came there. We talked and I told him that he tricked me because his rank among orcs is much higher then I suspected. He told me that he knows I was here where Hosh-pak died and I`m no loger his friend - next time we meet I`ll die or sth like that. He had this only dialog option in both chapter 4 and 5.Nothing more related to this.
But in Castle in chapter 2 or 4 there was this quest You mentioned to kill Hosh-Pak and there was possibility to refuse.
So maybe someone who did this with Hosh-pak alive and refused killing him to paladin Oric may put some light on this matter. Was there some other interesting plot we missed?
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 3:29 pm
Pendr4gon
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Ok thanks you both, seems to be useless then
300 easy exp points, not bad at all
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 3:39 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Don`t 100% sure. Most thing Pirahnias did in G1 and G2 had some meaning - maybe he will play some role in add-on. Or maybe it was just in the direction of G1 fans.
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 3:48 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next