Balmora Thief Quest 2 / Murder on Dark Elf
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
dysfunktional
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Balmora Thief Quest 2 / Murder on Dark Elf

I joined the Thief Guild in Balmora, only thing is. I can't figure out how to get that key. I think i has something to do with the murder on that dark elf,. So i tried killing the suspect (the guy in the council club) with the red hair, right behind the door.. but i got killed instead. Does anyone have the answer to this?

Greetings,

Dysfunktional.
Post Sun May 12, 2002 9:53 pm
Elron
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Just go see his employee in the Council Club. While there bribe the employee with 10 gold bribes until his disposition is 80 or higher he will then just give you the key.
Post Sun May 12, 2002 10:49 pm
Delmonte
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks,

I've been stuck on that for ages and ended up looking for spoilers. Now I feel realy dumb.
Post Mon May 20, 2002 10:07 pm
Cuular

Quest 2 for the thief's guild.

Or just go to the guy's house and either 1) Kill him and take the key(Warning cat woman at thief'suild doesn't necessarily appreciate this, but you get credit), or 2) Put your weapons away and beat him down till he passes out, then lift the key from his passed out body. (Thief lady likes this, you got key, nobody dies, and the owner of the house even still halfway likes you). Those are just 2 ways. The great thing about this game, there is always way more than one way to do any given part of it!
Post Tue May 21, 2002 6:45 pm

Delmonte
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Now there was the rub

I wasn't tough enough to kill him, or fist fight him and it cost over a grand to bribe here. Well got the key and nobody got hurt in the end. I also figured out a bit more about how the game works. I have a feeling my combo thief mage is kindof rubbish at both but it makes for a fun game.
Post Tue May 21, 2002 8:47 pm