Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
2 things about gothic that i need help/advice for.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

first of all..one weird thing...all the sudden i can't minimize gothic anymore by using alt-esc normally it would show the windows tool bar again and i could do things..but now it goes out of gothic...it's still in gothic..but the screen returns too windows..and then after 4 secs i get a error and gothic shuts down..while yesterday i could do all those things..and not anymore..sup with this?
ctrl-esc does the same, normally i could always just multitask and do other things while the game was still runnig..come to think of it..when i did alt-esc yesterday i pressed the - button too on top right of gothic windows..it said minimize..how can i undo this so i can still multitask but gothic should minimize cause that's when it goes wrong...and the sound crashes...and to top it of..i have to reboot the damn pc again for it too..

and i have big sword named custodian's blade
i have the strength voor it..and i have learned one-hand weapon skills..but when i equip the weapon the characters uses it with 2 hands..how can i get the guy to use the big sword with one hand? by learning one-handed skill number 2? i really want to use this sword cause it does a damage of 77
Post Sun Jan 06, 2002 12:46 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well about that Sword maybe its 2 handed sword cos if the damage is 77 as you sayd then its a hell of a good 1 handed weapon so i belive its 2 handed. just learn from Thorus 2 Handed sword skills enjoy
Post Sun Jan 06, 2002 12:52 pm
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

Ah, the infamous two-handed Custodian's Sword from the Orc's Cemetery. A good weapon of choice. I love to take my Custodian's Sword and cram it up an enemies arse.
Post Sun Jan 06, 2002 1:17 pm
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

i can't remember where i got the sword from..orc cemetary? where is that?

and i think i have a problem then...i joined the swamp, and when i go to Thorus in the oc ,he doesn't talk about anything to do with learning skills...
Post Sun Jan 06, 2002 1:25 pm
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

The Orc cemetery (sometimes called the Orc Cave) is where I found the Custodian's Sword. You get this quest after you deliver the mine crawler's eggs.
The sword is basically pretty worthless to you, I believe you can only learn two-handed weapon skills by joining the Old Camp.
So I guess you can't cram the Custodian's Sword up an enemies' arse.
Post Sun Jan 06, 2002 1:32 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

Bwahahahahahahah naah there is another place where you can learn 2 handed sword just go to OC and meet MUD if you sleep with him pretty much he will teach you the basics and if you wanna be a expert then you need to do even more for MUD
Post Sun Jan 06, 2002 1:35 pm
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

OH yes i can ...i already can fight with that sword...that's not the problem..all i wanted was to use the sword with one hand.,,oh well...the orc cave is where those molerats are? where is it close too..cause i haven't done a eggs quest and still have that sword...oh yeah one more thing...what is in it for me if i learn the second 1-handed weapons skill? then i have both 2 skills for it..but what does it exactly do?

and what does the 2handed weapon skill mean in the first place? i mean...i already had that skill in the beginning , right? when the game started the guy used his sword with 2 hands..what's the difference if you learn it?

[ This Message was edited by: bigkabuto on 2002-01-06 07:55 ]
Post Sun Jan 06, 2002 1:53 pm
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

I'm sorry, I can't answer your question. I learned one-handed weapon level 1 and 2, then I learned two-handed weapon level 1 before I ever saw any two-handed weapon; so I don't know if you can use a two-handed weapon without the proper training.
You can't dual-weapon in Gothic (at least I don't think you can)
The Orc cave is where guru Baal Lukor is. The monster in the cave are Orc scouts and Orc Warriors. No molerats.
The Orc Cemetery is a Chapter 3 quest if I remember right.

Post Sun Jan 06, 2002 2:17 pm
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

ok, well i have 15 exp. points left...i can spend them on better dexterity or the level2 one handed weapon skill...all i like to know is what does does level2 of one-handed weapon skill really do? are you faster or something or do you have new moves then...i already have level1 of onehanded skill...i just don't know if it's worth it to have level2 , and what it does for your character.
Post Sun Jan 06, 2002 3:46 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

When you become a 'master' of 1handed weapons, your chances of critical strikes increase, your timing is better, and your chance to hit (not miss) the enemy improves. It's been said that to be trained in 2h weapons, you have to master 1h weapons first.

Post Sun Jan 06, 2002 4:05 pm
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

Ok, my strength now is 45 , i have the custodians sword but it's alittle clumsy using...so i need a good one-handed sword...i have been in the castle , i stole a judgement sword..a guard saw it but he forgave me quite easy...just ran outta the room and came back...all good

but my question is...what is the best sword i can get with a strength over 45??? the judgement sword does a damage of 30 , is there a even better one handed sword?
Post Sun Jan 06, 2002 6:36 pm
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

The Sword of Fear or the Sword of Hate are good swords.
Ah, the memories of cramming my Sword of Fear up someone's arse.

[ This Message was edited by: Max Killen on 2002-01-06 13:35 ]
Post Sun Jan 06, 2002 7:34 pm

you CAN learn 2h skills even if you join swamp camp; all you have to do is talk to Cor Angar when you are a templar and he will teach you it
Post Sun Jan 06, 2002 10:47 pm

The best sword is Scar's sword, I believe, but the best sword hanging on the wall is the battle sword. There should that clear up your question, Mr.bigkabuto?
Post Mon Jan 07, 2002 7:09 am

bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

uh yes, thanx for the information..but why the mr? just call me bigkabuto or kabuto..should be enough
Post Mon Jan 07, 2002 5:02 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next