RPGDot Network    

Fallout: The Brotherhood of Steel (Xbox)
Display full image
Pic of the moment
More
pics from the gallery

Site Navigation

Main
   News
   Forums

Games
   Games Database
   Top 100
   Release List
   Support Files

Features
   Reviews
   Previews
   Interviews
   Editorials
   Diaries
   Misc

Download
   Gallery
   Music
   Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Is taking trophies a waste of LP ?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
wacko3
Village Leader
Village Leader

Is taking trophies a waste of LP ?

Aside from making money is it worth it?
I have like 10k now dne everything in chapter one not even a black smith

Herbs for healing are starting to be not enough so i guess il have to buy tons of potions, i did learn how to make swords from the omar farm's black smith

So with hides ans loots and stuff will i have enough money thoughout the game or it wouldnt hurt to learn to take trophies... and wich is best in that case

thx
Post Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:56 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

You can learn how to take skins from Bosper, even if you're not his apprentice it's worth while. The others are pretty useless if you ask me.

In chapter 4 and later you start dealing in orc and lizardmen weapons which will bring in a lot gold. You can learn it for fun, but you don't need it.
Post Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:11 pm
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

Okay....dragon snapper horns are worth 30 coins each. Dunno if thats alot to you. Hearts of magical creatures are 90 each. Troll tusks are 90 coins each. Fire lizard tongues are 90 coins each. Claws are worthless, minecrawler plates are like 15 coins each, mandibles are worthless, blood fly wings are barely worth anything as are their stingers, and shadowbeast horns are worth 90 coins each. Orc and lizard weapons aren't worth a whole lot. Like 9 coins max and 3 coins at the minimum. Unless there is a buyer for those kinds of weapons which I doubt there is. Dobar teaches you how to make ore longswords which are worth 180 gp a piece. Thats the only ore weapon you can learn to make as a pally/militia or a mage.
Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:05 am
CIACinderella
Village Leader
Village Leader

If you're playing as a mercenary it can definitely be worth it to learn trophy taking. As I recall, you receive a couple minor quests that involve trophy taking (hides, shadow beast horns) as well as two major ones (dragon parts ).
Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:56 am
tolgerias
High Emperor
High Emperor

I would say taking dragon scales are quite nice if you are a mercenary
Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:55 am
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Also if you are a mage you will find the remove heart skill particularly usefull for creating certain runes.Like without golem's heart for instance it is nearly impossible to create summon golem - rune.

On the other hand, if you are mercenary few thropy skills give you heap of gold.Above all you should defiently learn, how to take dragon parts(trust me).

As a soldier/paladin i would not bother to learn thropy skills despite the skins if you are bosmer's aprentice, Thus you earn lots of gold without much of an effort..

Also mincrawler plates are needed for creating a mincrawlerplate armor.But it ain't much of a use, because you will get a better one quite soon, when you have an opportunity to learn that skill.
Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:31 am
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

In the beggining, take skins. It will bring in tons of cash, really, really quickly. It is also the easiest way to make money for a long time.
If you are a mercenary, do what everybody is saying and take dragon scales. It will be absolutely needed. Otherwise, the others are not worth the time.
Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:19 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Guybrush Threepwood
Orc and lizard weapons aren't worth a whole lot. Like 9 coins max and 3 coins at the minimum.

Have you ever killed all the orcs and lizardmen in the game? Probably not, otherwise you won't say that. Even though the swords alone are worthless, they bring in a lot of money because you'll find tons of them.
Instead of the maybe 20 firelizardtongues that you can get.

Let's calculate:
(the animal numbers are taking from the G2 database)
1.) There are 20 firelizard in the game (without the addon) and a few more tongues can be found, say 25. That's 25*90=2250 gold.
2.) there are 272 lizardmen, and 281 orcs in total with a weapon that will give you between 3 and 12 (for the elite swords) gold, let's take 5 gold average. (272+281)*5=2765 and I think it's even more. On top of that you'll find a lot of loot on those 500 dead bodies, so you really don't need those tongues.

The dragon trophies and shadowbeast horns are usefull for the mercenary, but in the addon you might nog even want to spend 3 lp on shadowbeasthorns for a few thousand exp.

Learning how to take hearts is a waste of lp for any mage. You can find the ingredients you'll need for the strongest runes in the inventorie of merchants. You only need if you want every spell that needs a golem heart of something. You can buy 2 of them adn you don't really need any more.
Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:37 pm
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

I wasn't speaking about just fire lizard tongues either. I'm sure money is no problem however you look at in the regular game...and LP is abundant. Especially if you are a paladin or mage. But picking up orc weapons and lizard weapons is very tedious. However if you don't mind the tedium why not just make swords? I don't see anything wrong with spending LP on trophy taking... unless you are in the addon.
Post Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:28 am
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

I never found it tedious, they were laying there just waiting to be taken, so I obliged. Then next time I went to town, I dumped my inventory on the poor merchant.
Post Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:13 am
Fez
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

It added something extra to do, other than just killing and moving on. I thought the hunting was worthwhile for roleplaying purposes.
Post Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:01 am
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

I would just take it anyway. The extra gold never hurts, and honestly, you'll get tons more LPs as you go farther on anyway.
Post Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:24 am