To cheat or not to cheat - Ore?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

To cheat or not to cheat - Ore?

I did use marvin godmode a couple of times but it takes the fun out of the game.

I just used cheats again to learn how to get to the top of the Castle Tower without having to make a zillion trips back and forth buying supplies with my limited funds. But I will now restore to prior to all that and try it legitimately the way that worked.

I'm near the end of chapter 4 and I've been having a serious money problem. I don't want to ask Garrett. I need to use the skill points I now have to buy acrobatics so it will be a long time before I can invest in getting some of those trapping talents - taking claws, pelts, etc. The only one I have is from the bloodfly book. Will I get rich quick with those skills?

It seems every time I save up enough for something I need, another need develops. I almost had enough for the mage robes when I had to buy an orc hammer because I had sold the old one to the smith in the old camp and that was closed to me.

Does anyone know where there is a lot of ore available in the game? I need enough to buy the high water mage outfit, the kill skeletons rune, and some of those other super items BC sells in the swamp camp.
Post Thu Apr 24, 2003 3:17 am
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

Well, save your ore for the important stuff (Armor)and barter your items from kills for stuff you need like potions, arrows, etc.
Or you can use the grindstone at the new camp to make free crude swords and keep using them as trade items
Post Thu Apr 24, 2003 3:57 am
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Non-cheat money pump is the swamp weed they give you every day for a ration before and always if you join the Brotherhood.. The mercenary camp always wants to buy swamp weed for real ore cash. You can win the game playing them smart and is a laugh....
Post Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:17 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Shrapnel is right... the only items worth spending ore on are suits of armor. Besides, skinning animals will pay off in the long run. Take every plant you see with you. Arrows are like money - you can sell and trade them for one ore apiece. Besides, acrobatics is a skill you don't actually need.
Post Thu Apr 24, 2003 5:57 am
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

Acro wont help you kill the sleeper any faster but it sure is fun to use and can be a big saver of time cause with the skill you can now withstand falls from higher places and leap further...
I use it alot when leaving the new camp, I jump off the damn and onto Horatio's head rather than run alllll the way around the mtn
Post Thu Apr 24, 2003 1:14 pm
Irf
High Emperor
High Emperor

i'm surprised your having financial difficulty at this stage, by chapter 4 I had thousands, couldnt figure out what to do with it all! didn't you loot all of the chests in the castle? and leaving it so long to learn to skin animals? Should do that early on cuz it really pays off, also theres a book called the bloodflies, you can buy it off cronos, 150 pre, allows you to get bloodfly stings (which u can sell for 13 ore each, i think)
Post Thu Apr 24, 2003 5:03 pm
Killersan the Imp
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

at the end of the game i had 30000+ ore lol
u can always brake in to the tower of old camp theres a lot money
about 5000 ore i think and very much other very valuable stuff, u have to pick locks though which are long and difficult
(sry bout my english)
Post Thu Apr 24, 2003 8:32 pm
Dbesing
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

the locks in the tower of the old camp i memorized them they never seem to change but on click, there's also like 3,000 in gold coins, which makes me wonder why they have so many if u dont get to move them to gothic 2 lol
Post Thu Apr 24, 2003 9:05 pm
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by Irf
i'm surprised your having financial difficulty at this stage, by chapter 4 I had thousands, couldnt figure out what to do with it all! didn't you loot all of the chests in the castle? and leaving it so long to learn to skin animals? Should do that early on cuz it really pays off, also theres a book called the bloodflies, you can buy it off cronos, 150 pre, allows you to get bloodfly stings (which u can sell for 13 ore each, i think)

I guess that's my problem: that I didn't get the skinning skills. Now I wish I had. I was going by advice at the beginning of the walkthrough. I use the W/T a the end of each chapter to see what I missed and redo it if I have to.

I did get the bloodfly book. Judging from your advice and the other answers here, I should get skinning, etc. now and then acrobatics. There isn't a time limit on doing the Chromanin thing, is there? The only way I can do the second tower (Castle ruins) is to use a transformation spell to get up the seond ramp and then use acrobatics to get up the rest of the way. I worked that out by cheating to get spells and acrobatcis but then restored so I can do it legitimately. It isn't really cheating if you restore, right?

Thank you everyone.
Post Thu Apr 24, 2003 10:35 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

There's no time limit on Chromanin... quests are triggered as you go along with the flow, i.e. read the books.
Post Fri Apr 25, 2003 6:17 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Whenever I saw someone with a rune I liked or potions I needed I beat the hell out of them. That guy in the swamp camp in particular gave me all the potions I need as long as I 'visited' him every chapter.

Beating the hell out of the Templars and taking their swords will generally get them to leave you alone.

Wolf (the archer in New Camp) was another of my favorites for looting. Then again, everyone in new camp was ripe for the pickings.

The visiting baal has a few hundred pieces of weed. Beat him up after you complete his quest and take it all and sell it to everyone.

Ore isn't a problem if you play a character who was imprisoned for a good reason.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:13 pm
Killersan the Imp
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

this reminds me why was he thrown in? i know its but still im curious
Post Fri Apr 25, 2003 3:42 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

it's not said, as far as I know... probably for a reason. It lets you imagine his personality however you'd like, even with limited dialogue options. He could have been a political activist or he could have slaughtered entire villages... I like it that way.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Fri Apr 25, 2003 3:50 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

You'll get a glimpse of what he is in GII.
Post Fri Apr 25, 2003 5:52 pm
Toaster
Bread Alert
Bread Alert

Oh, do I? Sounds interesting, I just have to get the game first! Want to have it!

Tabbrowser Extensions
DictionarySearch
Post Fri Apr 25, 2003 6:37 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next