bandits quest
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Orc Hunter 06
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

bandits quest

i want to become and apprentice but harad wont vote for me unless i kill the band of bandits... but these bandits are a lot tougher than the ones i passed on the way to town from xardas tower... in fact i cant even get close to them b/c they kill me in just 2 arrow shots, as far as i know i cant buy better than leather armor yet so how do i get close enough to take them out?
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 2:23 am
Myrtel
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hallo!
Maybe you should fight the bandits one by one.
Shoot one with a fire-arrow, run away and let him follow u, then beat him, restore your powers and the next one.
By the way. U can also bring Harad an Ork-axe to solve the quest.
There lives an ork near the east-gate, take his attention and run to the gate (but let him follow u). The guards will make him chappi
cYa
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 2:51 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

Are you referring to the group of bandits near the mercenary camp on the mountain at Dexter's house? Or are you referring to the three bandits near the lighthouse? The bandits near the lighthouse are the strongest bandits you'll find in Khorinis. They are not the bandits you need to kill to complete this quest. The bandits you need to kill are either the ones in the cave to the far left side of the city, or the ones at the camp next to Dexter's home. The bandits in the cave only use their close-combat weapons. The ones at Dexter's house will use both. If you're trying to kill the ones at Dexter's camp I can give you two things for advice:

1) Wear any arrow protection jewelry you have.

2) Use ranged combat; bow, crossbow, or magic.
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 3:06 am
Dra Gon
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Orc Hunter, you should hunt down the orc ... he he he ...
Harad will accept you if:
- you bring him the orc weapon
- you kill the bandits that robbed Hakon

You won't believe it, but the easy way is to bring him the orc weapon ...
Of course, if you try to fight the orc you'll die in no time ... But you don't have to ... if you leave the town from the market square and take it to the left (to the light house) after a while the way to lighthouse start to go up ...
Don't follow it, take it a bit left into the woods (there's kind of a wooden thing there that should guide you like a ship skelet or something)... There are only a couple of rats there so you should be fine ...
On your right "under" the way to the lighthouse, there is a cave and right near the entrance there is a light orc axe... take it to harad (but don't go further cause there are bandits deeper in the cave)
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 6:20 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

You can also talk to the bow trainer near the free bear stand and pay him to go hunting with you. He will get you a lot of experience if you let him get all the kills for you. When he stops at the end don't get close to him or else he'll tell you he's heading back to the city. Instead, just go pull some creatures towards him and he'll keep killing stuff for you. Just don't pull the black goblins or he will get killed. He will end up killing an orc for you. You'll not only get the experience for it, but you'll also get a weapon which you can take to Harad.
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 6:28 am
Dra Gon
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

If you just feel you want to killl the bandits (instead of bringing the orc weapon), the ones you are looking for are located near Akil's farm... Take the road to the farm go up the stairs then follow tha path to the left (to the lighthouse)... after a while you should see the cave you are looking for on the left of the road ...
Taking the bandits down is a matter of "kick and run" ... fire arrows works best for me ...
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 6:40 am
Orc Hunter 06
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

ok i think i know what you are talking about... but i already got admitted as an apprentice, i was out trying to lvl up so i could take out the bandits and i found myself on onars farm, i dont remember who it was but someone had a light orc axe that i bought for only 10 gold... thanx for all your help guys, cause im still gonna take out the bandits

Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 2:51 pm