Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Just became guard, how long before I get the good armor?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread

I just became a guard and the blacksmith told me that I need to get more experience before I can buy the really good armor. How is that judged, ch level or just quests or what? I'm level 14 or 16 I think, and I really want that armor, w/o cheating. Anyone have any info? Also I have Scar's sword for 85 damage, is there one better I can look for now? I have 95Str. Also is it better to do quests first or look around and get treasure, like that tower where I keep getting killed?
Post Tue Feb 19, 2002 6:23 pm

Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Do you mean the neat-looking Heavy Guard Armor? You... (spoiler following) won't get it. Sorry. And Scar's sword is the best 1-handed weapon you'll get. There are other good weapons, but you won't get them right now.

As for the quest vs. treasure thing, do the quests first. Chances are that if you run into situations where you keep on getting killed, you're not yet ready for the place, and you will be sent there sometime later.

All in all, just play along, wait and wonder. And learn to live with the consequences of what you did.

Post Tue Feb 19, 2002 6:50 pm

From my personal experiences... 1 handed weapons are better than 2 handed. Computer (AI) in this game rarely uses forward attack with 2 handers. 2 handed weapons have longer range... but they're slower. Stay with Scar's sword. If you're against someone with long reach, retreat until he/it follows you, then press ctrl+up (forward attack). then do some left-right-up combo. Templars are easy as hell with this strat. 2 handed weapons allow your opponents to retreat... 1 handers don't.

Do your quests first. But, I don't know how you're dying. If you have Scar's sword and 95 str, you should be able to kill basically anything in this game. Just get yourself as much Weapon Damage reduction as you can.

Armor you'll get depending on your quests.
******spoilers*******

You'll get medium armor after you reported back to Raven about the 'Big thing of the brotherhood'. As for Heavy Guard's Armor, as someone said, you'll never get it. Game designers probably ran out of time, since there are a lot of things left un-explained and quests not developed.

-xVadX
Post Tue Feb 19, 2002 7:35 pm

Marshall Medan
Capitan of the Dark Knights of Nekara
Capitan of the Dark Knights of Nekara

2 handed weapons are better
Post Fri Feb 22, 2002 1:54 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

I prefer crossbows myself. There's nothing better then killing off monsters from a distance. Hmm... note to self: consider a career as a sniper.
Post Fri Feb 22, 2002 3:38 am

Val: Yes, so do I. Crossbows are great. But if you're facing more than 3-4 enemies, you're in trouble. It takes a LONG time to put the crossbow away. And if you don't finish doing it, and get hit, you'll still have it in your hands. hate when that happens... especially against fire lizards. hehe.

Ryan: How many times have you got hit while using 1handers and how many times have you got hit while using 2 handers? My ratio is about 1 hit while carrying a 1 hander to about 3 while carrying 2 handers. They're too slow :/

-xVadX
Post Fri Feb 22, 2002 7:04 am