Request for alchemy and shrine help
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Gaming-Module
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Request for alchemy and shrine help

First few questions have to do with permanent stat boosting potions.

First, who do I learn them from? I thought it was the herb witch after giving her the sun aloe, but she just offers basic potion skills. Do I have to learn all of these basic potion skills in order to work my way up to perm stat pots? Also, where is a good place to find dragon root? I only have four so far and I'm in chapter three, shortly after retrieving and having the eye fixed.

Second thing I have to ask is in regard to something I just read in a past thread here. I guess the shrines can give you perm strength bonuses randomly when praying at them. Since I am interested in taking my character's strength as far as it will go, is this still possible in chapter three even though the fire mages said that the shrines have been desecrated? Also, do these stats bonus work past the 100 str maximum like str perm pots do?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Now let me just say that this game is wonderful. I have pumped 40 hours into it so far over a very short number of days. I find myself voraciously devouring this game just like I did the first.

Long live Gothic.
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 8:34 am
Ruskie Soldat
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I believe they will make you go past 100 - you can fix the desecrated shrines with holy water, and it doesn't matter, since they're not all desecrated - you can use one shrine 11 times over the course of 11 or more days to get 11 bonuses to strength, then you won't get any more. I think you only get those bonuses if you pay the max of 100 coins, however.

As for the potions, you have to learn how to make all healing potions or all mana potions before you can make str/dex potions. The witch can teach you dex potions, Constantino can teach you strength potions, but you need all healing/all mana skills first. If you're still on chapter 3, go back to the Valley of Mines if you didn't kill all the orcs surrounding the castle and kill them all. Orc elites will often have dragonroot, and there's a map somewhere around the forum that shows the locations of all the dragonroots. The only one I can remember off the top of my head is on the side of the lighthouse.
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 8:45 am
Gaming-Module
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Thank you for answering each and every one of my questions. I'm en route to wipe out the orcish invaders now, which shouldn't be too hard with my light dragon hunter armor and Orcslayer one handed sword.
Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 9:11 am
Egin
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by Ruskie Soldat
I believe they will make you go past 100 - you can fix the desecrated shrines with holy water, and it doesn't matter, since they're not all desecrated - you can use one shrine 11 times over the course of 11 or more days to get 11 bonuses to strength, then you won't get any more. I think you only get those bonuses if you pay the max of 100 coins, however.

I am a bit confused. Are you saying that each shrine will give you +11 to str? And this will cost 1100 per shrine?
Are those idols where you can pray shrines?

Are those shrines reset in each chapter or you can do this just once?

Will you be able to travel from last chapters to the beginning to visit all shrines again ?

Sorry for so many questions.
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 4:38 pm
Gothdick
Village Leader
Village Leader

asi understand it, over the course of the game you can make a MAXIMUM of 11 bonuses at shrines, even after chapter change, or visiting different shrines, 11 bonuses is the total max
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 5:02 pm
Egin
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Ahh, ok, I see, thank you.
Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 5:27 pm