Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Morrowind question, connected with The Atronach.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Nikos R.
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Morrowind question, connected with The Atronach.

My character is a Dunmer Spellsword born under the sign of The Atronach.
After I had my first battle and used up all my magicka I rested...Now, after I rested my magicka pool was still empty.Well, I figure it's because of the Wombburn attribute which comes with the Atronach...Ok but several days have past and still my magicka hasn't recovered..Anyone knows how long it takes to regenerate?
Thanks in advance..

P.S. Is there a way to avoid this total burnout?(Spell or portion or something?)
Post Mon Sep 16, 2002 10:53 am
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Atronach

To see the full effects of your sign, read the top few sections of your magic window. I believe those born under the sign of The Atronach will *never* regenerate magicka, although they can absorb magicka thrown at them and can "restore" it as usual with items, potions etc.

Try absorbing some magicka. Really! Just find a mage in a smuggler's cave somewhere and let them hurl energy at you. If you haven't got far through the game, try the smuggler's cave north of the siltstrider station in Seyda Neen - Adamasartus isn't it? There's a mage in there that hurls fireballs at you. Take a few hits to replenish your magicka and then leave. Don't kill him - leave the guy there as your personal battery
Post Mon Sep 16, 2002 2:21 pm
Nikos R.
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Thanks, I might do that....(you were right I think..It never replentishes on its own ))
Post Mon Sep 16, 2002 2:39 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Stick with it! :D

The disadvantage of the Atronach seems quite bad, but when you compare it with just the spell absorbtion advantage it becomes pretty tough to call. I haven't played it myself so I may be a little hazy on the details, but the way I understand it you can't regenerate magicka at all, but any magic hurled at you recharges your magicka reserves instead of doing damage to you! That's cool! If you can spend magicka on fireballs etc faster than you're regenerating it, offensive mages can't touch you. They waste all their power, then come at you with their secondary weapon (a knife or something), by which time you're fully stocked for a fight...

Sounds pretty fun, and an interesting twist on the game, to me.
Post Mon Sep 16, 2002 6:43 pm
Nikos R.
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Well yes , if you put it that way it can be intresting, but on the other hand if your major and minor skills are magicka based then you might advance slower to higher levels , since you'll be using spells more cautiously and less ofen in order to reserve for a given situation.I don't know , I guess you are right though, it depends on how you want to play it ....
Post Mon Sep 16, 2002 11:46 pm
Vice
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The trick with the Atronach birthsign is to use spells cast on you to regain magicka. There are some places where for a small fee, this can happen. Or you can just consider the Conjuration skill for magicka regeneration needs...
Post Fri Sep 20, 2002 3:49 am
Mephisto
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Just summon a ghost, he'll do a drain fatique spell and you'll be filled up[]. Good for conjuration skill too.
Post Fri Sep 20, 2002 1:06 pm
Nikos R.
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Thanks guys really clever tips....
Post Sun Sep 22, 2002 11:54 am