Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Castle in Valley of Mines. I uh killed them ALL! Is this ok?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Majik
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Castle in Valley of Mines. I uh killed them ALL! Is this ok?

So I pulled the gate release in the Castle and let the orcs in. After the battle I talked to the guy standing next to Oric (forgot the name). He blamed me for the gate being released and drew his sword. After fighting him I tried to steal his stuff and that triggered an all out blood-bath!!! Once I had managed to strike them all down, they got up and came for more.. So I had no choice but to put an end to their worthless existence!

When I realized how easily I killed them all, I just said to heck with it and pulled an Anakin Skywalker maneuver from Star wars Ep. II and just kill em all!

Of course I never saved any of this because I did not believe I would be able to finish the game if I slaughtered every occupant in the castle. I went ahead for a while to see what happened.. Nothing seemed disrupted, but I decided AGAINST keeping that game and reloaded back to just before raising the castle gate.

Anyway, there was alot of loot from all those corpses and if it DOESN'T affect any further missions in the game I would prefer going back and slaughtering all of them since Im a Dragonhunter.... Anyone know if this is ok to do?
Post Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:50 am
KhenoTrax
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I Really don't know but if you try going back to khorinis and talk to Lord Hagen you can tell him that the castle was atacked by orc and he says that he need more provisions but it won't delay
i tried it once as a mage (reloaded) it did not seem fit to kill the castle as a member of the cirkel of Fire and the connection to Innos and so on
and i even got a bad feeling cuz when you talk to the knights they say
"we draw courage of your precence" and such so i just reloaded
but as for dragonhunter Muahaha Kill em all (if i were you wait for another reply)

Me Kill Hero Paladin
Post Thu Jul 24, 2003 8:18 am
Majik
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well, I ended up going for the slaughter and went on to beat the game tonight! So I guess I answered my own question! LOL

However, If I wasnt a Dragon Hunter I probably would not have been as willing to do it.

What a way to end the game too... Definitally looking forward to Number 3!
Post Thu Jul 24, 2003 12:52 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Maybe its just me, but I don't see how being a dragon hunter can justify you to go slaughter all those Paladins who have been through so much already. While they may not "like" you, they wouldn't just go out and kill you for no reason. You are both fighting a common enemy -- the orcs. Why betray your fellow humans like that? That's one reason why I never considered taking Torloff as my captain....

I played as a Dragon Hunter but my philosophy was mostly that I was basically "good' -- but a loner and against the "establishment".

I know... it's just a game. You can play any kind of char. you want. I guess I'm just showing my age. I just don't see the appeal of going around killing everybody.
Post Thu Jul 24, 2003 4:10 pm
Strogannov
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

it does sound pretty damne vil doing that while being a member of the circle of fire or a highstanding paladin.
i mean its just so evil.
Post Thu Jul 24, 2003 4:17 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

I think most of us slaughter everyone at least once, then reload to a previously saved game. For most, it's just the curiousity that inspires us to do this. It doesn't seem as immoral so long as we have a saved game ready for reloading...

I think Gothic 3 or Gothic 4 will probably have a dark route for players who want to play the role as an evil one. It seems like the next logical step... It would actually be really sweet if the orcs had their own city in Gothic 3. One that you could join if you choose the path of darkness (...to worship beliar). You could have the option of remaining loyal to Xardas, Ur Shak could play a major role in that path...

Even better idea: Gothic 3 could introduce a 2-part allegiance system. First players could choose which god they want to worship, Beliar, Innos, or Adanos. After choosing a god to worship, players would then have the traditional 3 groups to choose from (guard-like, mercenary-like, or magic-like). It would take a lot longer to make, but it would also keep players busy for 6 times longer... (6 times the fun!)
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Fri Jul 25, 2003 2:55 am
Irf
High Emperor
High Emperor

SirDiety that was the best G3 suggestion i've read so far! Better bring this one to the devs attention!
Post Fri Jul 25, 2003 4:46 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

Thanks Irf! I'm sure the developers have already thought of this though... Even I could think of far better... Kairo is a smart guy. He's probably already read a potential script on the idea...
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Post Fri Jul 25, 2003 4:16 pm
grimstyle
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

hmm i dun think im at the part when im suppose to open the gate..

but even tho i release the gate i dun think there would be any orcs in..

cos in chapter two when i got to the valley of the mines i was able to slaughter all the orcs surroundin the castle..

fire arrows isnt that bad after all..
Post Sat Aug 02, 2003 3:15 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

The orcs will attack the castle if you open the gate regardless of whether there are any still alive outside the castle. You'll need to assume a lot of the orcs are hiding in order to make sense out of that...

Post Sat Aug 02, 2003 3:28 am
grimstyle
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

thats pretti decent then, the orcs do respawn.. more dragoonroots then
Post Sat Aug 02, 2003 9:44 am