SWG: Jon Hanna Departs Team
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Moriendor
Black Ring Leader
Black Ring Leader

SWG: Jon Hanna Departs Team

Jonathan "Calandryll" Hanna has left the 'Star Wars Galaxies' team as Director of Community Relations to go back to the US East Coast where his family lives. Diane "Tiggs" Migliaccio is stepping up to the fill the void. <br>The full announcement can be found right <a href="http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=Announcements&message.id=492#M492" target="_blanK">here</a> at the official 'Star Wars Galaxies' forums.
Post Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:55 am
Jestor Rodo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

GL Jon and Watch your Back Diane!

You got to congratulate Jon on leaving the sinking ship of SOE and Diane needs to get some sleep or perhaps this is her glass ceiling. SWG Forum Admins decided to allow a stupid rule that forum bans should also be game bans and someone at SWG thought that this would be a great time to get rid of Jestor Rodo of the Kauri Server , OMG that was not the best move. If you google the name” Jestor Rodo” you would find out that the only thing SOE did was leave me a lot of time to grind on them. And man there is a lot to grind on. Diane , I love ya but you are backing the wrong horse. Run like Jon did!
Post Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:09 am
Hedek2

Well he left SOE for Turbine ( http://forums.ac2.turbinegames.com/showthread.php?t=14244 )

While I appreciate Turbine and played AC2 and loved the game many people say Turbine is also a sinking ship. So only time wil tell whether he did the right the choice, anyways I wish best luck !
Post Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:46 am

Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

Isn't Turbine also developing right now the close to release Middle Earth Online as well as Dungeons'n'Dragons Online, as well as expanisions to both AC and AC2?
Though my opinion is that both MEO and DnD Online will be huge flops, the chance is that I may be wrong, and I would not exactly call that a sinking ship. It is not as high sailing as WoW but the potential is (or was, as the development on both must be pretty far ahead by now) there.
Post Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:04 pm

I dont see why he left. And by the way Jestor, dont whine when your banned for cheating.
Post Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:39 pm

Jestor Rodo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Jon Left and I do not know me

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
I dont see why he left. And by the way Jestor, dont whine when your banned for cheating.

Since you signed in as Guest , I will treat you will a little more respect then My former MMPG hosts for 5 year, SOE. I did not cheat and if you did a little research ( Use the Internet, Luke) you may get a better handle on what happened.

Since Turbine, Inc., a leading publisher of online subscription entertainment,
has AC and AC2 up and running and has aquired the rights and working on D&D online and Middle Earth online, My guess is that Jon wanted to utilize his talents instead of wasting them at SOE.
Post Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:45 pm

Re: GL Jon and Watch your Back Diane!

quote:
Originally posted by Jestor Rodo
You got to congratulate Jon on leaving the sinking ship of SOE and Diane needs to get some sleep or perhaps this is her glass ceiling. SWG Forum Admins decided to allow a stupid rule that forum bans should also be game bans and someone at SWG thought that this would be a great time to get rid of Jestor Rodo of the Kauri Server , OMG that was not the best move. If you google the name” Jestor Rodo” you would find out that the only thing SOE did was leave me a lot of time to grind on them. And man there is a lot to grind on. Diane , I love ya but you are backing the wrong horse. Run like Jon did!
Post Sun May 22, 2005 4:41 am

Jestor Rodo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Quoting is easy

Muhahaha , I had the plesure of meeting Tiggs 4 weeks back at SW Celebrations 3 . She did not know that the first person she admited to the SWG breakfast was yours truly. There I was enabled to see George Lucas without waiting in line on my return to the breakfast , I witness questions and answers about the new CU. I realized that Tiggs and the Devs had their hands full so I passed on my rant oppertunity. But since then interested parties are bank rolling me to Calfornia - muhahahaha. To be honest with ya though , I would not want to be restated to this broken game but they are others who have endure SOE and enjoyed the game since its start. They must have a voice that will be heard. So Guest, are you still enjoying SWG? MUHAHAHA
Post Wed May 25, 2005 2:16 pm
Czanrei
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I have been with swg since it launched. Something all gamers who complain of problems and bugs with mmorpg's is that ALL mmorpg's have their bug and problems, some small, some big. Im sure also that the majority of them have a problem with patience and maybe even have control issues. They don't like it when things don't go their way or delay them in anyway.

Mmorpg's are a business like any other, they don't intentionally crash servers or place bugs, they want to profit, just like any business. And their staff is made of people who went to college or tech schools to learn how to make these games because they enjoy gaming, not because back then it was a big market but because they enjoyed it. I know because I did the same thing. I'm not in the industry anymore because my life led me to a different path but thats besides the point.

More and more threads like this get started, always looking for the "sinking ship" so they can clearly see which game to abandon and which to join. Why? because there seems to be a growing number of impatient gamers out there with little or no attention span and/or loyalty to a specific title. I believe this is a result of the increasing number of game titles coming out each year.

Great, Im glad new titles come out, but that doesnt justify shooting existing games full of holes and putting them under the microscope to magnify their flaws for the reason of trying to make them look bad just so someone can "lead the way" to the next "big" game title. When those new titles come out, they will have their bugs and flaws too, in two months after their release, the same gamers will start the "flaming" process all over again.

Stop the cycle, be constructive, learn some patience. By the way, I'm STILL enjoying SWG

"Fear leads to Anger, Anger leads to Hate, Hate leads to Suffering"
Post Fri May 27, 2005 6:22 am
Jestor Rodo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for Id yourself

quote:
Originally posted by Czanrei
I have been with swg since it launched. Something all gamers who complain of problems and bugs with mmorpg's is that ALL mmorpg's have their bug and problems, some small, some big. Im sure also that the majority of them have a problem with patience and maybe even have control issues. They don't like it when things don't go their way or delay them in anyway.

Mmorpg's are a business like any other, they don't intentionally crash servers or place bugs, they want to profit, just like any business. And their staff is made of people who went to college or tech schools to learn how to make these games because they enjoy gaming, not because back then it was a big market but because they enjoyed it. I know because I did the same thing. I'm not in the industry anymore because my life led me to a different path but thats besides the point.

More and more threads like this get started, always looking for the "sinking ship" so they can clearly see which game to abandon and which to join. Why? because there seems to be a growing number of impatient gamers out there with little or no attention span and/or loyalty to a specific title. I believe this is a result of the increasing number of game titles coming out each year.

Great, Im glad new titles come out, but that doesnt justify shooting existing games full of holes and putting them under the microscope to magnify their flaws for the reason of trying to make them look bad just so someone can "lead the way" to the next "big" game title. When those new titles come out, they will have their bugs and flaws too, in two months after their release, the same gamers will start the "flaming" process all over again.

Stop the cycle, be constructive, learn some patience. By the way, I'm STILL enjoying SWG

Yes , a lot of what you have said is true but good friend, SOE has been noted to take an empire like heavy hand in its customer service and lack compassion in handling the play customer. I hope I do not have to retread those reasons for you and you are well aware of them.

The Credit dupe bannings, the forum misuse leading to prema game banning (raise hand) , now the CU problem these and the unprofessional behavior of the CRSers have lend to an upraise that is warranted , Now with that said I do not expect you and anyother happy users to take up the cause
but what I do except is respect ( Not /respec) from all , players , SOE and most importanly myself.
Post Tue May 31, 2005 11:58 am
Jestor Rodo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

And now Tiggs has been fired

in the light on the toast of Obi-wan expansion and the NGE ( Now GO - Exit) Tiggs got caught up in the lies SOE told her to tell and she got tied of lying.
Post Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:47 am