Can't Kill Mage in First Mine area
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Can't Kill Mage in First Mine area

I've been back several times, and tried using Shield and a potion of Fire SHield, but I just get killed every time. It looks like I'm not actually hitting him with my sword. What kills him? THis is tiresome - not doing well in combat at all.
Post Sat May 11, 2002 3:36 am
Aizan
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Try moving around a lot while hitting him. If you are in close when he is going to cast, try to jump over him or swing real fast around him. If you can dodge a few of his blasts he tries to run away. Just keep on him and he'll go down

The easier way is to use the Atronach birthsign and absorb all his spells heehee.
Post Sat May 11, 2002 6:39 am
Zaal
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I managed to get a ring with Paralyzation as an effect on it. I just went in there, paralyzed him, whacked him hard with my dagger. Rinse, repeat. Way too simple that way.
Post Sat May 11, 2002 10:36 am
HydroSqueegee
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

go buy the fireball spell and blast him from a far range... or just start a different character because yours seems like a wussy
Post Sat May 11, 2002 5:41 pm
Saemi
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Use your conjuration spell, bound dagger or longsword.
Post Sat May 11, 2002 10:34 pm

Yes,he goes down real quick with the bound dagger spell.
Post Sun May 12, 2002 1:23 am

Kyzug

Kind of an exploit, but:

After you kill the first guy in the cave, and have rested/healed...

Run into the locked room with the 3 slaves, and immediately shut the door.

The mage will walk over to you, but get stuck on the closed door.

Just pick him apart at your leisure at that point.
Post Sun May 12, 2002 1:42 am

I have found that most mages have a limited amount of mana. If you can dodge a few of his shots, he is forced to use melee weapons. Once he does this you have the advantage since most of his strength is in his spells.

Osprey
Post Thu May 16, 2002 8:37 pm

Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

In the end my trusty Longsword of Sparks did the bugger in, plus a potion of Fire SHield. I buffed up a lot first, too.
Post Sat May 18, 2002 1:13 am

The option I used

What I did was I used invisibility to get in behind him. The first swing from my long sword knocked him to his knees. Then it was just two more quick swings and he was pushing up daisies. The tactic of getting behind someone and knocking them down with a hard blow has worked extremely well for me against single targets. From what I've seen at least, most hits from the back will be enough to knock them down to their knees, at which point You probably will have had a 2nd hit in about the time they are on their knees. By the time they have stood back up, your 3rd hit is landing. Unless they are hitting extremely hard, or your fighting something much higher then you should be, it wont take more then another swing or two to kill if its not already dead. One thing I read from someone was they put an Invisibility on strike enchantment onto a weapon. With one of these, just cast invis on yourself, hit them on the back, hit them again which will be when they are on their knees, then since your invis again, get in behind them, swing again, knocking them back to their knees, hit again, rinse repeat.
Post Sat May 18, 2002 3:00 am

I was totally getting killed by that guy, too. The way I finally did it was to make sure that one of those wooden posts was bewteen me and him. Then, I just ran around a little and got him to keep casting his spells--and hitting the post--until he ran out of mana. After that, it was my long sword against his dagger, and he went down.

The invisible idea is great, though... I even have invis as one of my abilities... gonna have to try that.
Post Mon May 20, 2002 2:57 pm