Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
unfineshed quests
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread

i have had two questions about gothic since the very first time i ever beat it. the first is who is that wierd guy in the cave on the side of that huge rock wall who said he left the old camp and lived in the little cave in the wall. second what is with the bandit camp by the troll canyon, every time i walk to them they either attack me or run away. is their some kind of quest that was cut out before gothic was made in america or do they just not like the guild i am in, please help.
Post Sat Mar 09, 2002 4:10 am

Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

They were probably just quests that got cut.

Post Sat Mar 09, 2002 4:27 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

You get 100 experience for finding the hermit.

(as an evil aside you also get 60 or so for beating him senseless and taking his stuff. I would call this an object lesson: "You were too weak for the camp and were right to run and hide... but you didn't get far enough, old man." )

The other guys looked to be a quest, but apparantly it wasn't implemented/fixed even in the German version. Only the concert in Old Camp was left out, apparantly, when the game was translated to English.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Sat Mar 09, 2002 4:47 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

The hermit's name is Gilbert; the bandits whose quest was cut out will feature in my next Gothic story , and there are methods described how to make the In Extremo concert happen even in the English version. Search the Forums for the 'how to', it was fun in the German version.

Post Sat Mar 09, 2002 10:33 am
Paladin1124
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Where exactly is that Hermit? I haven't run across him yet.(or looked for him yet either)
Post Sat Mar 09, 2002 2:06 pm
Andross
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hay im stuch on the focus thing

Post Sat Mar 09, 2002 2:47 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

quote:

On 2002-03-09 08:06, Paladin1124 wrote:
Where exactly is that Hermit? I haven't run across him yet.(or looked for him yet either)

Go out the south exit of the OC and hang a right. See that big cliff? There are some rocks you can climb to get to his cave.

Post Sat Mar 09, 2002 3:54 pm
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

quote:

On 2002-03-09 08:06, Paladin1124 wrote:

----Spoiler----

Leave the OC by the south gate and turn right, along the cliff face, toward the 2 guards at the gate entrance to the Orc land. Keep looking at the cliff wall until you see the Orc steps cut in the side. Climb them to meet Gilbert.

''Perhaps I'm old and tired but I always think that the chances of finding out what really is going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do is to say hang the sense of it and just keep yourself occupied. Look at me: I design coastlines. I got an award for Norway.''--Slartibartfast
Post Sat Mar 09, 2002 4:00 pm
Divine
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

quote:

Keep looking at the cliff wall until you see the Orc steps cut in the side. Climb them to meet Gilbert.

Well, then Gilbert was prolly gone after a certain chapter, because I found that hideout and there was nobody in it. On time around there was Milten there, another time nobody.
Post Sat Mar 09, 2002 5:11 pm