View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
Zombra
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Darkstone - Disciple of Kaliba Question

Howdy.

I have a problem. I ran through the Disciple of Kaliba initiation on Level 4. The guy gave me the Kaliba's Amulet. I returned to the monastery on Level 3 and the voice still says that only disciples are allowed inside. I tried using the amulet like a key, but that didn't work, and I can't just open the door normally either. What do I need to do?

Thanks in advance
Zombra
Post Fri Aug 30, 2002 7:56 pm
Bach & Baroque
Village Leader
Village Leader

I have played Darkstone, but I have to say it's been a long time, and I can't rightly remember any specifics about it. Though I thought it was a great game, I don't believe it was a very big hit, thusly not many people here may have played it. You might consider going to google.com and typing in "Darkstone walkthrough" or "Darkstone strategy guide" or something to that effect and see what kind of help you can get online.

Good luck!
Post Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:26 pm
Zombra
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I got it

Thanks B & B. I actually did what you suggested - the walkthroughs at GameFAQs didn't really help because of what is actually a very cool feature of the game in my opinion. Apparently for every dungeon in the game (you have to go through what? Like a dozen or something?) there are a few different storylines, one of which is picked randomly. You may have to deal with getting the key to unlock the trapped uniform, or have to kill some villain, or raise some long dead hero, or recover a certain item. When I started the game a year or so ago, it was almost nothing like what I'm dealing with now since I decided to give it another try.

Anyway, long story short, I also posted my original post above on 5 or 6 message boards here and there. Surprisingly (to me), I actually got a bunch of informed replies on one of them and am now going strong in the game.

(Incidentally, the problem was that I didn't have the amulet equipped properly. There are little spaces on the paper doll to the left and right of the 'helmet' space. They are worked into the border such that they really don't look like you can put anything there - but you can, and in fact must to get through that dang temple door. Hooray!)

Thanks for the interest
Z
Post Tue Sep 03, 2002 5:35 pm
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

I'm glad you're enjoying this game. I played it non-stop for six months - had a level 58 thief/mage who couldn't be beat - which is why I stopped playing. I gave the game away a while ago and now wish I hadn't. THe only game I've found like it (at least in many ways) was Dungeon Siege.
Post Mon Sep 09, 2002 12:58 am