Goblins Berry?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
dagem
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Goblins Berry?

I can't find any. I've beeen looking everywhere and am close to using the insert cheat, but I really really don't want to do that. So I figured I'd ask here.

I didn't use it by accident, I've found every other item on the list. It's the only thing stopping me from getting my apprentiship.

Thanks for any help.
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 12:49 pm
Nirvy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I found two recently, one near the Bandit cave near Akil's Hut (The one with the fish with a message in it) The second i found on the road back to the City.

I have a feeling they are randomised though :| Dont remember seeing them last night before i attempt the bandit cave here.
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:08 pm
DABhand
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

You can get it by fighting, where the main entrance of the castle is, heading out over drawbridge, head to the right and go down the hill into a plateau, if youve been here before you know there is an orc here, which you can kill to take the weapon to the smithy (or the one in the cave), near the orc is a group of Black goblins, one of them holds the berry too.
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 3:33 pm
Nirvy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I just fought 6 Goblins near the Shadowbeast cave near the monastary river, each of them had a goblin berry too.
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:27 pm
Hagen
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

yup check goblin bodies! I hate to think how many berries i missed, I was used to Gothic 1 where goblins didnt carry anything...

Speaking of which..

<b>Goblin Berries gives you + dex, is there anything that gives you + strength?</b>
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 10:22 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

There is a plant called "dragon`s root" (direct translation from my Polish version). For example it may be found on some orc-elite. I advice to wait and learn how to prepare potions of permanent increase. Instead of +1 You will have +5. Sorry if its obvious for You.
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 10:27 pm
dagem
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Thanks for the tips, but I've done everything you suggested. The goblins I've killed only had gold.

But, I've decided no matter how long it takes to find it I will.

Thanks again everybody.
Post Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:05 am
DABhand
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Not goblins but Black Goblins

I have also noticed near caves there is Goblin Berries lying on the ground.
Post Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:22 am
dagem
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

You are not gonna believe this, but I saved my game after I left the castle and turned left. As game loaded my wife was talking and I turned "me" just looking at the castle and at my feet was the goblins berry.

I decided to join the bowmaker as an apprentice, but I still want to be a mage. I just hate to pay $1000 and a sheep (makes me wonder about the mages, if you know what I mean )

Thanks for the replies.
Post Thu Jun 19, 2003 5:42 am
MrC
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I've been running round for at least 3 hours now trying to find these bloody goblin berries. I've killed more Black Goblins than i care to remember, and not one blasted goblin had a berry on him/her!! For Satan's sake, someone please tell me where,what,how i can get one of these damn things. I've tried reloading the game and everything, short of a reinstall. I wish the DEVS had put a green grocers into Gothic 2
Post Fri Jun 20, 2003 8:13 pm
Lysander
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I found Goblin Berries in a group of ferns on the city side of the standing stone circle by Lobart's farm, and in front of the Goblin cave across the road from the lake near Onar's farm (by Buster), as well as on a goblin in the cave.
Post Fri Jun 20, 2003 9:22 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Not 100% sure but maybe Sagitta has at least one for sell?
Post Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:12 pm
TheCleric
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Please forgive the poor directions. It's been a few months since I played the Demo and I don't have the full version yet. Best as I can remember, in the demo, I found the Goblin Berries in a couple of places.

The first place was on the body of one of the Black Goblins near the entrance to town.

The second place was a ways off. Leave town by the back gate and go right. Keep going, past the cave with the Molerats and the burned out wagon and you'll come to a "bar" i guess you'd call it. Search under the trees around that area. I think it was under one near where a couple of Scavangers attacked me.

Good Luck!
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 5:26 am