Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Need Help with Persuading Guy to stop Training (Mage Quest)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Tamil

Need Help with Persuading Guy to stop Training (Mage Quest)

I received orders from the Balmora Mages Guildto go to the South Wall Corner Club in Balmora and convince an Argonian to stop unauthorized training in magic. I wialked the entire club, saw only one Argonian (downstairs near the bar), so went to talk to him. Asked for training and he denied providing any services (even though listed in his transaction window) and asked who had told me that he did (could not answer). Tried persuasion and intimidation to no avail. So, went and brought myself a Charming Scroll and cast him with it. He liked me an awful lot, but still denys providing any training when i ask him about it. Anyone been through this with this guy? I'm thinking I might need some Telvani Bug Musk to make myself irresistable. Any help appreciated.
Post Sun May 12, 2002 11:10 pm

weregamer
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The key word is "persuade"

No matter how much he likes you, you have to have a modicum of skill at persuasion (ie speechcraft) to persuade someone. Using Bug Musk or a spell to increase your personality will help a lot, but unless somebody can explain how much the base stat affects success percentage I imagine you need to boost Speechcraft too. I gather you're not an Almoner; the only two items I've gotten so far that boost Speechcraft are gifts from the Imperial Cult, and I've not seen any spells for sale to boost skills.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 9:33 am

Scroll down your list of keyword options. Near the bottom you should find an option to talk about 'unsanctioned training'. Once you mention this he will make you an offer.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 9:54 am

yeesh
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

You can get by without speechcraft. I'd rather have more, but my character is currently looking at a skill of 7. Even with that, after a little bug musk and maybe a bribe, I was able to get this guy to stop training peacefully. Damn mage guild monopolists, always after the little guy.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 1:31 pm
Isis
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Two Options

You could have either bribe him if your speechcraft is not high or either persuade him using your speechcraft to stop training but you also had another option to let him still train which you find out that now you can improve your restoration skills and just lie to the mage that gave you the quest that he has stopped training that is it won't hurt you or stop your progression through the ranks of the guild also give you a new friend who can train you in other skills.

Now since I am a Arch-Mage
Post Mon May 13, 2002 2:32 pm