Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
My impressions of Arx Fatalis (spoilers inside)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Dulak
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

My impressions of Arx Fatalis (spoilers inside)

I have had alot of opportunity to try different classes

wierd thing is that I found out the way I finished the game is quite different then how the creators would have me. for example; I never knew how to get into the goblin city (where the king was at) or where the trolls mine; besides attacking them. So thats what I did ie attacked the goblin and got him to open the gate and just killed the trolls; I guess there is some other big plot with all that

also my last character has almost pure mage with some ok fighting ability and he turned out to be the easiest character to play with ie the only spell he would use on tough monsters is fireball.

My previous character was pure fighter and he couldnt take out things like my mage could with fireball. The llich those yslides all die very easily to fireball while my fighter could wack on them and be dead soon after.

I did enjoy playing a thief type character ie basically someone whom could pick locks; so many locked doors and chests; got into some places my other guys couldnt

overall the game was very fun; some minor mess ups or what not; or some things that took a really long time to figure out but overall very enjoyable game

Dulak
Post Sat Jan 25, 2003 12:11 am
sunshine
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

you can't see all the rooms unless you play a thief..

did you ever figure out how to get into the councel room, or is this room reserved for cutscenes and barmitzva's only?
Post Sat Jan 25, 2003 1:28 am
RAVENAL
Village Leader
Village Leader

council room

Sunshine...
On the map it shows a room...#22... but I haven't been able to lockpic it up to this point...just leveled up and will try again...if I still can't do it I intend to use passwall just to get a look around...did that in the Kings bedroom to see how the Royal's live...interesting...have you used any of the "secret runes and words of power"...?

THE TAROT
Post Sat Jan 25, 2003 5:13 am