View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Ranger175
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Mod Request: Magicka Regen

Hello, all.

I've searched up and down the Web for a magicka regen mod that I might like and I've come up empty handed. A search of RPGdot's Plugin Depot didn't help me either. Maybe I tried the wrong search.

I'm looking for a magicka regen mod that will allow my mage to regain his magicka a bit slower then he does fatigue. I find it odd that I have to sleep for 12 hours after two fights.

If someone is willing to make a mod that does this, I'd be quite grateful. Maybe it could be posted here or in the Plugin Depot?

Thanks in advance for anyone who takes the time.
Post Tue May 28, 2002 9:29 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

There are several such modes in plugin depot forum. I think mostly rings that you can find and that will allow you to regen magicka.

No I will just one with name "Amulet".
Post Tue May 28, 2002 10:05 pm
Ashtray
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

really easy and somewhat satisfying to do it yourself. takes right around five minutes. read the wonderful post about adding items to the game. make something equipable and put a one magicka restore on it, make it constant or usable with a time limit and a bunch o charges. toss it somewhere early in the game so its there whenever you start over. at first it might seem like its to overpowering (and sometimes it still will) as you get a bigger and bigger amazing go juice pool the overpowering effect slows down quite a bit and it becomes simply helpful.

also somewhat handy to do it that way because you can always go back and erm give yourself a wee bit of help if you need it for something. just open up your file change the enchantment to suit your needs for the moment save it as something new and boom there you are. saves you from having to find a new place to put it that you havent already been in that current game.
Post Wed May 29, 2002 3:02 am
Ranger175
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for the responses!

I'm going to take Ashtray's advice and try to whip it up myself, now that I have Zeiss' guide. I've also downloaded the amulet of the magi from the Plugin Depot in case I screw things up.

Thanks again.
Post Wed May 29, 2002 2:35 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

If you need a Health Regeneration Item (an amulet in this case), you could 'jack' the one off the Mage's Guild ArchMage in Vivec. You will get his very expensive staff, too. I found that it was best just to kill him early, as he really was a dense fellow.
Post Thu May 30, 2002 9:26 pm
Djief

Anyone tried to make a race or a birthsign with magicka regen? I tried making an ability with restore magicka, but it doesn't seem to work.

I also noticed in the editor an ability to regen health (comes in the master file). Someone made a mod called Shadowpack that as the Paladin birthsign that uses this ability, but it doesn't seem to work either. Anyone has this working?

Making a ring is easy, but I'd prefer if magicka regen could be tied to a race or birthsign. Maybe I'm missing something to make it work.
Post Sat Jun 01, 2002 3:20 am

this is what i did to make the mana/health/fatigue what have you regen for all races instead of using an item. just open the editor and use the main data file. go to spellmaking (not enchanting). what I then do is toss restore magicka, restore health, restore fatigue, and fortify attribute speed around 10 points or so. for the restores i only do a point of each. any more and it gets hard to not have full all the time which takes a wee bit of the challenge out of the game. at the bottom of your custom spell making window there is a little box where you choose how the spell is used. choose curse. not positive why you have to do this but setting it as an ability would not let it work as a constant enchantment. name your spell and click on the character section of the drop down menus. click on race. youll see that a race is selected and the information for it (you can do alot with this little window). there is a box labled specials, this is the box you want. find the spell you made under spellmaking and drag it into the special box. poof there you are. put it on all the races or only the ones you want. you cycle through the races by using the drop down box. save it, name it, load it, run it. start a new character to see if it works (quick start mod does wonders for testing your creations). I dont think this works with current saves. pretty sure you have to start anew to get the effects.
warning to those who havent played with this before. its quite easy to ruin your gaming experience by tossing stuff in the game that will give you a "boost", magicka regen is almost a necessity, but you may be tempted to poke and prod till you suddenly have an uber character before you even start. its fun to mess around with but its probably better going with as little help as you can. the game can become pretty easy with no outside help at all.
Post Sun Jun 02, 2002 9:46 pm

Ashtray
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

that big anon guest post was me. sorry didnt realize it would let me post without logging in.
Post Sun Jun 02, 2002 9:52 pm