Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Guard 'guarding' my favourite vendor....
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Zaal
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Guard 'guarding' my favourite vendor....

I have a problem. I just finished the first quest for the Fighter's Guild guy (Dwemer Puzzle Box). I return to Balmora and immediately went to my favourite vendor to sell. I have worked his disposition to 100 so he almost always gives me what I ask for my items.

Now, there is a guard that stands in there and once I entered the shop, he came to me and told me I owed 1000 GP for my crimes. I couldn't figure out what that meant but I figure it's because I removed artifacts from the ruins. However, I didn't have 1000 GP on me as I keep most of my gold in a pile on the desk in my house. So he said I could either do jail time or resist.

I can't go to jail. I'm just too pretty.

So I ran out of the building. Problem is, he is still waiting in there and he's really pissed.

So my question: is there any way to stop him from being agressive to me? Charm person spell? Any help would be appreciated. I don't have the skills yet to wax a guard.

TIA

Zaal

Yes, that's my face; I'm constipated.
Post Mon May 20, 2002 10:23 pm
Hyperium
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

If you're a member of the Thieves Guild you can pay off your bounty at half price from specific members. In the South Wall Cornerclub in Balmora the guy who will do this for you is on the bottom floor, standing behind the bar.
Post Mon May 20, 2002 10:28 pm
Zaal
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Thanks, Hyperion. I am a member of the Thieves Guild and I did pay it off. I suppose I could have mentioned that. But I didn't pay it off until AFTER the encounter with the guard.

So I have no bounty on my head but he's still pissed.

Zaal

Post Mon May 20, 2002 10:33 pm
Lordr31z
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Sounds like you killed someone without a real purpose. Remember if you are doing quests for the fighters guild in vivee then you will get alot of bogus missions from there. If you think that there is something wrong or suspicous with any quest from vivee or anyother town goto the fighters guild leader in Alruhn and he will tell you if it is bs. And he will also tell you what to do if it is a no good quest.
Post Mon May 20, 2002 10:46 pm
Llama
High Emperor
High Emperor

There is nothing you can do except kill him now. Should have just taken the jail time, it's the only logical thing to do if you don't have the cash on you...
Post Tue May 21, 2002 3:33 am
Zaal
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Well, this is kind of funny. Now when I want to visit my favourite vendor, I just charge in and click on him to bring up his interface. Time stops and I can trade in peace. Then when I am done I close the window and charge back out. Seems easy enough now.

I suppose I will just wait until I have more combat prowess and whack him at my earliest convenience.

Zaal

Post Tue May 21, 2002 5:45 am