Inut's Magic Bow only +6 Damage?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Valiance
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Inut's Magic Bow only +6 Damage?

When I got Inut's Magic Bow, I could use it right away but it says only +6 damage. I tested it out and even though it shoots fireball, it is pretty weak damage (seems like +6 too). But the weapon guide says it is supposed to be +20 damage. I really want a powerful long-range weapon, so if this is powerful enough I would rather have the Inut Magic Bow than the Inut Giant Sword. I always like long-range weapons in RPG's, so it is very annoying that this game makes long-range so weak compared to melee.

If it is only +6 then the weapon guide should be changed. If it can really do +20, can someone tell me how to do this?

By the way I did save the game right before talking to him.
Post Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:58 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

The bow can do 20. You just have to continue to level up to take advantage of it. The higher your level the better it gets. I wiped out all enemies by end of game with it. If you like ranged weapons, this is tops. Also identifying the abilities of the bow and some of the other items in the game is based on your object knowledge, so your character may not be reading it right yet. A little bug soom of us noticed with the bow and the sword.
Mark Twain
Post Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:09 pm
Valiance
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well I have fooled around with this for about an hour, and it seems to me that this is a +6 weapon. It is NOT A +20 weapon.

I have been hardly leveling up since the beginning of the game (tons of points to add in anything I want) because I still have not decided what I want to specialize in, and so far have not needed anything (except a few object knowledge). This allows me to load the save game after saving Lord Inut, and keep testing things with this bow.

By the way, even with very low object knowledge, the bow identifies just the same as high object knowledge. I increased object knowledge to ridiculous levels and still it says +6. I changed strength and strength bonus to extremely ridiculous high levels, and still it says +6. With absolutely maximum strenth (well over 100), I tested attacking everyone in Arx. It was very powerful (1 to 4 shots per guard). Then I tried enchanting it with lots of bone powder and 3 dragon bone powders, and still it did not affect the strength. So enchanting the bow does NOTHING.

So this is a +6 weapon. Leveling up with ANY weapon will increase damage, but it doesn't change the fact that a daggar is +2 damage and a double-handed axe is a +12 weapon. This is the damage, and then you add whatever on top of that from skills/levels. I think the guide should be changed from +20 to +6.

If anyone thinks I'm wrong, please tell me why.
Post Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:03 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Like I said, several people had the same experience with the number, but the weapon works like a 20+ on many enemies. I think it is a bug that didn't get fixed with the last patch. Speaking of which, be sure you have installed it or the game will not be able to be finished. It is a majic bow so your casting must be up somewhat to get good effect. The same thing happened to people who got the sword. It said one thing but did another. If you really want to get to the bottom of it, send an email to JRoby at arkane. You can find email link in the tech thread. He has been very active here answering questions for people.
Enchant it with bone powder and then cast enchant spell on it.
Mark Twain
Post Thu Jan 01, 2004 12:13 am
Valiance
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yes I have patched my game.

I just want to say how great it is that the developers actually listen to the gamers. This is really important, and will give gamers (myself included) trust in future games from the developer. If there is an Arx Fatalis 2, I'm sure I'll be jumping on it
Post Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:36 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

No Arx 2 yet, but it is on the way. Soon I hope, but no word yet.
Mark Twain
Post Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:00 pm