Robe Hoods
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Delo
City Guard
City Guard

Robe Hoods

Does anybody know if you will be able to pull up the hoods on the robes in G2? I wanted to do it in G1, but wasn'table to. I saw that the Paladin gets a helmet, and I also saw a picture of something that looked like someone in a robe with a raised hood. Anyone else feel the same way?
Post Fri Apr 11, 2003 1:04 am
GothicDrak
Village Leader
Village Leader

Re: Robe Hoods

quote:
Originally posted by Delo
Does anybody know if you will be able to pull up the hoods on the robes in G2? I wanted to do it in G1, but wasn'table to. I saw that the Paladin gets a helmet, and I also saw a picture of something that looked like someone in a robe with a raised hood. Anyone else feel the same way?

I have to dissapoint you, you can't pull up hoods or helmets or something like that. Headpieces are irremovable.
Post Fri Apr 11, 2003 1:27 am
Der Kaese
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Damnit. They should really add details like that in Gothic 3 .. like being able to pull up the hood or buy helmets and hats seperately from the normal armor..
Would be a lot cooler ..

-Kaese
Post Mon Apr 14, 2003 11:23 am
DJ Yahari
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Der Kaese
Damnit. They should really add details like that in Gothic 3 .. like being able to pull up the hood or buy helmets and hats seperately from the normal armor..
Would be a lot cooler ..

-Kaese

No it wouldn't. One of the reasons I like Gothic, is because you don't need to think about buying seperate peices of armor.... It's alot easier if you don't need to think about that
Post Mon Apr 14, 2003 10:25 pm
Dbesing
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

i dont rememeber what game, but one i own some where, it was neat, u walking around not in town fighting things ur helm was up once you steped into town it showed you take'n ur helm offand u carried it between ur arm and side, like a old night would do at times
Post Tue Apr 15, 2003 1:50 am
Der Kaese
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by DJ Yahari
quote:
Would be a lot cooler ..

-Kaese

No it wouldn't. One of the reasons I like Gothic, is because you don't need to think about buying seperate peices of armor.... It's alot easier if you don't need to think about that

It's easier .. yeah. But I think it would add to the realism if you were able to buy seperate pieces of armor, instead of just one -big- 'piece'. Also, you could customize your hero alot more this way.

-Kaese
Post Tue Apr 15, 2003 12:55 pm
Dbesing
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

What i would like is if u could goto like a tailors back in the day, and like Get it customed done, Add a sysmbol or letter to the back , hah get a tattoo for your character, , find a woman get married that would be the hero killer
Post Tue Apr 15, 2003 3:19 pm
DJ Yahari
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Yahari
quote:
Would be a lot cooler ..

-Kaese

It's easier .. yeah. But I think it would add to the realism if you were able to buy seperate pieces of armor, instead of just one -big- 'piece'. Also, you could customize your hero alot more this way.

-Kaese

Yes but do we need that much realism?

Sure it would make it possible to develope your hero alot more, but on the other hand, we have so many RPG's where you can develope your character in thousands of ways... Do we need that in Gothic too?
Post Tue Apr 15, 2003 3:45 pm
Der Kaese
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well, do we -need- NPC's talking to eachother in towns and so on. No, it's not -critical- .. neither is the ability to customize your char a little bit more .. But it's details which enhance your gaming enjoyment - in my humble oppinion.

-Kaese
Post Tue Apr 15, 2003 3:52 pm
Delo
City Guard
City Guard

well, that was never my intention when i said something about the hoods. I just wish there was a button you could press to put on the hood or helmet, and press again to take it off. I would hope it wouldn't change features, just a factor of looking cooler. Though graphics aren't as big a factor as story and gameplay, I still hold it important as to how you can make your own character look. For example, (I know I shouldn't bring another game into this, but...) In Neverwinter nights, I was building my wizard. I liked the bonuses the helm I had for him gave him, but it made him look freakish. I just wish I could remove that graphic and still receive the bonuses, know what I'm saying?

Just to be able to pull the hood up and that's IT. No change in gameplay, no special abilities, no disadvantages, no NPC's thinking you are some sort of loner cuz you walk around with your hood up hiding your face...
Post Tue Apr 15, 2003 7:47 pm
Der Kaese
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I know what you mean.. The little fun customization-options, like in Soldat for instance, where you can choose your char's hair-do and stuff. Just for show.. but it adds a little more fun to it

-Kaese
Post Tue Apr 15, 2003 10:14 pm
lestat14
Tremere Vampire

The Warrior did took off his helm in town in the first Diablo Game...i should know i still play it from time to time...
Lestat
Post Thu Apr 17, 2003 5:36 pm
DJ Yahari
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
I know what you mean.. The little fun customization-options, like in Soldat for instance, where you can choose your char's hair-do and stuff. Just for show.. but it adds a little more fun to it

-Kaese

I don't think it adds fun if you need to buy seperate pieces of armor... I like Gothic because it's simple in ways like this.... You buy one piece of armor, and use it for a while, and then you buy a new.... Why not keep it simple instead of adding all these seperate pieces?
Post Thu Apr 17, 2003 8:34 pm
DJ Yahari
Village Leader
Village Leader

Crap.... Quoted the wrong comment
Post Thu Apr 17, 2003 8:37 pm
Der Kaese
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well.. I don't think we'll ever agree on this subject, so let's just call it day, eh?

-Kaese
Post Fri Apr 18, 2003 2:20 pm