Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Journey to the valley of mines, help needed!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Anima|enemy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Journey to the valley of mines, help needed!

Hello, my question is about the time when you need to go to the valley of mines in chapter 2. I'm on lvl between 4-6 can't remember spesificly...Am i too low level to go there? I mean, it seems that i don't stand a chance in a fight with those orcs and other monsters you encounter there, all i can basically do is run like hell. Is this the thing you should do or is there something i should do before venturing there, what lvl are you suggesting? My equipment is pretty basic: light militia armor, self forged sword as a weapon.
Thanks for all replys at this point!
Post Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:26 pm
Rydjord
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

No your not to low level to go in there, theres ways to do the first trips to VoM without even atacking an enemy.
But i would recommend spending a little more time Hunting for eksperiense before you enter but its not nessesary.
Post Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:38 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

you have to be a higher level or you really need to run reaaly fast
I would say at least level 9 you would have it a little easier if you were between level 11 - 13
Post Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:41 pm
Anima|enemy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hmmh...so witch one of you is right? Should i wait, or can i just make my first visit in VoM without engaging in combat? I mean, the thing was to find the outpost (is it the castle?) and get a word from the leader there to convince the leader of the paladins back in Khorinis..

Post Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:48 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

yes it is the castle. well you could go in and try not to fight but it would be a bit easier if you could take some hits when you are being attacked
Post Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:50 pm
Rydjord
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I would strongly recommend training a whole lot before you enter. i am just saying that it is possible.
Post Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:03 pm
Anima|enemy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ok, i understood your points.
Is there some good quests to do before going there, or should i just whack the hell out of wildlife? Oh, and while i remember to ask, about learning points, ive put 10 into single handed weapons, i understood, that you have to raise it too, if you want to max 2h-weapon fightin (wich i going to use later on) and ie also put something like 10-15 lp to strenght..i planning to be a paladin, how high should i pumb the dex and should i pump mana at all?
Post Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:11 pm
Rydjord
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Try venturing a bit (the areas around Onar's farm is realy god hunting grounds)
Also theres a lot of quests to be had there.
Post Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:19 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

well you don't need to spent in both to become a master in one of the 2. I never put a point in to 2 handed weapon untill I was a master in 1 handed and at the end of the game I was a master in both. I can't tell you what quests you could do because I don't know what you already done and I have played as a merc. But kicking the wildlife buts will give you a level or 3 -4 for sure . already killed the 3 trolls?
Post Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:19 pm
Anima|enemy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I've to admit that i don't have the smallest clue what are you talking about...
You actually think i would stand a chance against trolls with my training and equipment?
Post Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:25 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

Yeah you could . like they say on this forum: with a leather armor and a wooden branch it would be able to kill the big black troll. It is just in the technique. keep running round around them. Hit them first as the are roaring and then keep running circles and attack them in there back. It will cost you time and some training but it is possible. a lot of experience and a nice weapon.
Post Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:29 pm
cubanaso1602
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Fist time i went into VoM i was running like Krazy and i mean krazy like having the whole orc attack on my tail cuz i had to find the ram lol i couldnt find it so i had to go all the way round the castle lol but then i got alot of experience and cleared the whole place out lol..
Post Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:30 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

I know what you mean. I started at the backside of the castle and start running in the inner circle around the castle and getting more and more angry orcs and orcdogs on my tail. Dam I was glad when I finally found the ram after runnign an almost complete circle around the castle
Post Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:33 pm
cubanaso1602
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

If i stop to fight them it would be my doom later after finishing gohtic2 i putted the marvin code and pressing F8 i would get my life and mana back lol even wit that they k illed me lol
Post Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:37 pm
Anima|enemy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Titus, could you then tell me where can i find these trolls and what quest they are a part of?
Post Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:38 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next