Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Need the manual and/or equivalent, where can I get it?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
gladiator24_7
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Need the manual and/or equivalent, where can I get it?

I got MW bundled with my GF4 ti4200. I love the game, playing a battlemagish doohickey guy now. Problem is the bundled game didn't come with an instruction manual, so I don't know what the hell I'm doing. Anybody know where I can get the manual, be it a PDF or whatever, or maybe a nice comprehensive walkthrough or big newbie guide or something.

If all else fails, can I buy it off someone here. I really don't know what the hell I'm doing.

Thanks
Gladiator
Post Sat Jan 11, 2003 3:40 am
TribalMan
Conflict Within
Conflict Within

Good walkthroughs at: http://www.m0use.net/~uesp/morrow/quest/morquest.shtml
Post Sat Jan 11, 2003 4:08 am
gladiator24_7
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks, but I should have been more clear when I said walkthrough. By walkthrough, I guess I mean a quasi-codex, something telling me what the hell enchantment is, and why the hell I can pump someone completely full of arrows and only see occasional blood spurts. Is he getting hurt or what? And how do I make a potion. All that kind of junk I don't know, I'm really starting at stage 0.
Post Sat Jan 11, 2003 6:34 am
Srikandi
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Don't know if all the info from the manual is anywhere online, but I can answer your questions:

Enchantment: you need a soulgem and the soultrap spell. Cast the spell on a monster, then kill it. The monster's soul fills the soulgem. If you have the "enchant" skill, drop the soulgem on your paperdoll in the inventory window to get the enchant window; or take it to an enchanter and choose the "enchant" dialog option.

Basically the soulgem is like a battery for the enchanted object; the bigger the soulgem and the soul it contains, the more powerful a spell can be attached to the object. Objects are also limited in how much enchantment they can take. You can figure all this out by experimenting with the enchant dialog.

Lots more information about enchanting in the Ultimate Answer Post, which you can find in the Hints forum at the official site.

Arrows: As for whether your enemy is getting hurt: if you've patched MW to the latest version, there's an enemy health bar, so you should be able to tell. You'll have to practice quite a bit to get marksman up to a level where you hit most of the time, but it's worth it.

Potions: you need some alchemy apparatus. The essential piece is a mortar and pestle. Drop this on the paperdoll in your inventory. You'll then see the alchemy dialog, which lets you pick up to four ingredients for your potion. Each ingredient has four effects -- but if your alchemy skill is low, you won't see them all. To make a potion with a certain effect, two of the ingredients have to have that effect. If you want recipes, check out Darliandor's "Dwemer Potion Machine".
Post Sat Jan 11, 2003 11:24 am