Creeped Out!!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Hawthorne
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Creeped Out!!!

That's right I finally discovered the "Creeper".

I went back to the house I use in Seyda Neen and removed my armor and everything I wanted to keep, but didn't have to wear, then I loaded up with all the stuff that I could carry of the stuff that I had stored. Now back to the Creep.

I spent four hours running back and forth to the inn and then back to the Creeper.

For a while it seemed like I wasn't making any progress my bank account kept going up but it seemed like I bought back as much as I sold all the time. Finally I got down to the end.

Now I am 250,000 gold pieces richer, and I have as much stuff still stored!

Is there any thing to do with this money?

I haven't actually found much of anything to buy, most of the good stuff I have found.

I spent a lot on training earlier but can't do much of that any more, if I don't really need to make more money I'm going to stop picking stuff up and having to go and unload all the time.

Mike

Mike
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 4:11 am
Pinnen
Wearer of the Hat
Wearer of the Hat

It costs LOTS of money to enchant items. Enchanting something, at an enchanter that is, can easily go up to 400-500k, if your mercantile skill is low and they arenŽt very fond of you. Once you get into enchanting, youŽll find that your always short on cash. But then again, when you are enchanting, for say 300k, the enchanter gets this money. So if you have a bunch of deadric claymores to spare, you can get your money back.

CrossTopicBaner
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 4:20 am
Xanaki
Ghost of Asheron
Ghost of Asheron

In this game, there is very little use for money. You don't need to buy equipment unless you roleplay a honest person who does not steal. So practically only thing is, like the previous poster said, enchanting. And it costs a lot. But then, you can always train yourself in the arts of enchanting and parry the costs

As I play a twisted rogue mage I find myself bribing everyone so they like me better I also find trainers and train the skills up.

Anyway, thank god for the Creeper
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 10:52 am
bpdlr
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Most people seem to think Creeper is the only high value trader. True, he is the only one who gives you 100% of the value of the itme, but there is a guy with 9000 gold in his bank. Can't say where as this ain't the right forum :p

Also, there is little to do with all this money. I usually pay for my enchantments by bartering loads of high value stuff after I've made the enchantments, thereby getting all my cash back.

It's all part of the huge imbalance in the game....

BaZ
Boycott Shampoo!
Demand REAL poo!
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 1:30 pm
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

Well, money IS of use if you are someone with low personality and speechcraft (i.e. a warrior) - you can brib a lot of people into being more friendly. This is most important during the main quest sometimes.
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 3:16 pm
Midiboy
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Yes, I posted about the guy with the $9000 bank roll about a month ago...the only problem with him is that he doesn't buy items at their full value...in fact, he is quite the cheapskate.

Check out http://www.midiboy.com for info about Midiboy Music
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 4:08 pm
txiabxyooj
Fox Spirit
Fox Spirit

i think that using your cash to train in low skills is a good use of your funds. try updating a few of your misc. skills just for the heck of it. other than that you really don't need cash. if your armorer skill is low money comes in handy for keeping your gear in tip top shape. you'll find better items scattered around mw than in the vendor's shops--money doesn't buy everything in mw.
"The origin of things, if things have an origin, cannot be revealed to me, if revealed at all, until I have travelled very far from it, and many revolutions of the sun must precede my first dawn. The light as it appears hides the candle." --Santayana
=member of the worshippers of the written word=
=member of the Non-flamers' guild=
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 4:24 pm
FireAnt
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

isntead of oging to a in u could just wait right beide him for 24 hours (press the rest and wait)
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 4:45 pm
Hawthorne
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Never thought of that!

Mike
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 4:59 pm