Speechcraft and Intimidating-Please Help
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Greyhawk
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Speechcraft and Intimidating-Please Help

Can't seem to get anyone to attack me, all these early quests seem to require me to make them attack me, otherwise, NOTHING happens.
My speechcraft as Dark Elf is now 23, what level do I need to be at for
intimidation? ALso, in contrast to Daggerfall, there is no Menu item in the dialogue to incite or make the character aware of what you are trying to get,
do, or accomplish. Have bought up my speech skills to this level,
what level is usually successful? Will probably have to wait on these quests
to go forward. LEvel 5 Spellsword.
Post Sun May 12, 2002 9:42 pm
yeesh
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

The bad news is that it indeed tricky to incite someone to attack you. I've never done it, but apparently you need 3 or 4 succesive (and succesful) taunts. To do that, or t obribe, intimidate, or flatter, click on the persuasion button when you're chatting.

The good news is you seldom need to convince people to attack you. If they like you enough, options will usually appear in the dialogue o allow you to accomplish whatever it is you want. Use a spell or bug musk to raise your personality, bribe them, use speechcraft to flatter, or any combination thereof. Get em to (just guessin) 75+, and they're usually pretty pliant.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 2:00 pm
evilbyte
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I have speech level 9, and there were few instances where I used the taunt to have NPCs attack me ... a few times just to practice my skill (I started with 5) and once to complete a mission: I needed to steal something, but since my levels were so low that I could not do it successfully without the NPC noticing, resulting in getting me kicked out me out of the House we both belonged to, I had to get him to attack me.

At level 9, it takes forever ... I failed and failed and failed, but after 4 successfull taunt, the NPC will get fed up and attack you ... you just have to keep taunting until you succeed 4 times ... this also depends on NPC, I think, because I had some attack me after 3 taunts.

ib.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 10:18 pm