stone carvings: what are my choices?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
NoBZ32
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

stone carvings: what are my choices?

I have read the forums, read the walkthrough and read through the maps section. I know exactly where the stone carvings are to be found. Why then, can I not find the 6th one? I have been through each room 10 times each and can't find the missing stone. Aside from going way back to a previously saved game.....do I have any cheat options available? Or is there any way to bypass this quest? Or if someone wants to give me the exact location of the specific stone I'm missing, that would be fan-freakin-tastic. I'm pulling my hair out. Here's what I have at this point......

I have the one that looks like a sun, the one that is an O, I have the cresent moon with the dot(looks like an eye). I have the one that looks like a stick figure, and the one that looks like an odd-shaped staple.

Someone, please help me

Thanks!!
Chris
Post Wed Sep 17, 2003 1:20 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Carved Stones (Spoiler)

I don't know which ones are in which of the rooms, but here are the locations. Just check and see if you hit all these and you should find the missing one. If not it might be bug, but I won't go there yet. Locations Crypt Level 4, rooms 35 and 37. Crypt level 5, rooms 6 and 11. Crypt level 6, rooms 2 and 6. Did you go up the two stairs and open all the tombs? Did you open all the tombs in room 2, level 6? Did you get the one off the body level 5, room 11. I have not heard of this as a bug, but did you install the patch? If not you may as well do it now, as most can not finish the game without it. Hope this helps. Let me know.
Mark Twain
Post Wed Sep 17, 2003 3:36 am
NoBZ32
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

see, that's the thing. I have all that knowledge of locations, but I still don't have all 6. I must be missing some tomb or something. I suppose it's possible I picked it up and then dropped it by mistake, but before I load up a game from a week ago, I was hoping someone could tell me the exact location of the stone I'm missing.

anybody? please?

Thanks
Chris
Post Thu Sep 18, 2003 2:32 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Sorry Chris

I have no list of what stone is where. Just that "a" stone is here or there. Go to the first thread on this forum and get the email to Julian. Ask him, he should know. I will tell you that if you had battles and dropped it out of inventory while trying to get a scroll, weapon or whatever, it may be laying around and you can't see it. I dropped stuff like this and even though I couldn't see the item on the screen, it was there and the name would appear if I hovered over the item. I you want to take some time scanning over the areas you know you did battles in, it might be worth trying for a short time. Be sure to check ceilings and walls as well. They may be able to email you a stone to put back in your inventory, but no promise on that. As far as I know they have only done that for the Akbaa stones at end of game because of bug.. Wish I could be of more help. I hope you get it straightened out. If you do have to load saved game, at least it will go easier the second time. I just finished my nineth game and deleted all files to make room for new game, or I would have sent you one. Sorry.
Mark Twain
Post Thu Sep 18, 2003 3:23 am
NoBZ32
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

well, thanks for the help my friend. I went to a past saved game and really took notice going room to room. Thankfully I didn't have far or long to look. I for some bizarre reason walked past the skeleton on the floor in room 37 on level 4 about 10 times and never checked him for loot....maybe the spider threw me off, who knows. But I loaded up my most recent save and it was there. So again, I thank you for the help and hope that I don't run into more problems that have been created by ME. hahaa

Thanks

Chris
Post Thu Sep 18, 2003 5:02 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Great!!

Glad you found it. This game is a little sneaky sometimes, and you have a lot more to do, so be sure to check every nook and crany. There are levers and buttons and scroll and runes hidden in very hard to see spots in the crypts. I'll give a small hint, look behind broken stuff and tomb covers that are almost impossible to get to. Only a few items, but important. Have fun. If you run into trouble we are here to help. Now go Save Arx.
Mark Twain
Post Thu Sep 18, 2003 4:24 pm