Guild Wars: Beta Event Impressions @ HomeLAN Fed
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

Guild Wars: Beta Event Impressions @ HomeLAN Fed

HomeLAN Fed has kicked up some short <a href="http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=28550" target="_blank">impressions</a> from this last 'Guild Wars' Beta Event:<blockquote><em>Visually, the game’s user interface has gotten a make over. Moving the mouse on an arrow key on the lower left of the screen brings up more buttons so you can access your inventory, skills and other features. There is also a way to alter your character’s clothing via what ArenaNet is calling its “paper doll mode”, where you can change clothes and armor and visually see how the changes alter the look of your character in your inventory window. It really does look a bit like how kids might change the clothes of a paper doll. The UI also just looks better from an artistic standpoint with some style added to the rather bare bones visual.</em></blockquote>
Post Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:21 pm
Dakyd23
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Have some thoughts and questions

Hey i played a warrior/elem and this weekend i have been leaning more towards an elementalist due to the fact that well stocked you can kick some serious trash. I had two lighting spells and when i played pvp i used them on warriors and they fell like ants. I took out 6 warriors by myself and they were mostly warrior/monks. A good team works together and helps each other what you r describing is fend for yourself. I expect people to heal me that is why me and my friends all have picked different classes. I am not saying that i am good cause after those 6 warriors i got my butt handed to me by a necro/elem, but i am saying that i doesn't matter your class it matters how u play with othes if you play by yourself u will get killed. U have to learn to work together and strenthen each others weaknesess. I hope i spelled that right. I love the game. But if there was a downward spiral i would think that i might be the fact that you can't level past 20. I think that if you want to adventure through the world u should have the option. Put a system in place where you can set the level cap that you and your tams wants to face. Like for instance if your team is filled with level 15-20 characters and you want to fight level 25-30. And you win then you should be awarded more points to your guild then a team of levels 15-20 that takes on a team that is level 15-20. That is what i think would make a lot better game play plus it would constantly make you better. Now there should also be a system to where if your team is constantly spanking other teams that you have to move up in difficulty. Like if you are undefeated at level 15-20 then you have to start fighting 20-25. The system should work like the exploring world if a level 20 char. takes on level 10 charr you getno exp. But if you take on a level 24 boss you get exp. I hope that makes sense. It would force people to have to move up in level in order stay high on the list. Now i know that guild wars has said that they don't want an enviroment that is determined by how long you play but if the cap is 20 then you are punishing those of us that like playing the questing side more than the pvp side. I will be honest i don't have alot of friends that play and i just finally dot into a guild and since you can't practice together it is hard to know what eachotehr is going to do. So i usually get invited into group and we get stomped from one side to the other. I am not a bad player i hold my own very well but not against 3 or 4 level 20 opponents. That is what i think. I would really like to see the cap taken off sothose of that want to play the quests pr the pve can and i will keep buying the expansions but if the cap is there i can reach level 20 in about 40 hours of playing which is like 1 week. I don't want to keep buying expansions and not be allowed to level up. I really hope that they can figure something out and if anyone knows how i might be able to pitch the idea i have please tell me. I hope you read this with an open mind. That is my opinion i could be wrong. But please give me your opinion if you did quests or if you did pvp. Iwant to hear them. But please think about if you want to play the quest side being stuck at level 20 forever that would get annoying.
Post Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:51 pm