Free mine?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

Free mine?

alright....how do I do an attack on the free mine? its full of guards who can snipe at every angle whenever I try to hide under something....besides...there is one big nasty mine crawler to deal with too... Gorn isn't of much help here....so what to do?
Post Sat Jun 29, 2002 10:14 am
HeWhoHasNoName
Lord of Sorrows
Lord of Sorrows

Try shooting the guards with a bow or crossbow. Gorn isn't much of a help, in fact he might actually attack you because of a bug. Just tell him to stay at the entrance. Make sure you have the best items available to make it easier. There are lots of the minecrawler warriors. You need to kill them to get the plates to give to wolf to make minecrawler armour. If you can't kill them get better items or level some more. Theres always time to come back.
=Member of The Sports Fan Club=
Post Sat Jun 29, 2002 11:36 am
DeathAgent

The New Mine fight is real nasty really. Bolts are flying in all directions and the armors give very little defence against arrows. You need to get some better items and develop some hit and run tactics so that you can go kill some people and run the hell outta there before the archers kill you. Also Gorn is of great help to you if you can use him right. Actually, i killed only few people in the mine and one or two minecrawlers ... for all the rest i just let Gorn go and deal with them. No hits to you, no loss for healing and such
Post Sat Jun 29, 2002 4:24 pm

Erb Duchenne
Slayer
Slayer

Yeah... when I was a mage with weak armor, that mission was sickening. The Gorn bug works only if you have your weapon drawn. He'll mistake you as enemy and whack you down.

Just get Gorn to follow you and keep running around. You can use speed potion too. Arrows and bolts tend to miss if you keep on the move and don't run directly at your enemy.

You can actually clear the whole mine this way if you really want. If you lose Gorn... wait a while and go back to the entrance. He usually goes back there when he loses you.
Post Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:01 pm
Moonslash
Celestial Guardian
Celestial Guardian

Gorn can be useful if you're able to get him to follow you, but be sure to save often to avoid the bug!

Things are neither completely bright nor dark.

Do you go right? Or do you go left? A simple decision, yes? No ambiguities. Only the dream of the path not taken! And so one might stand in this place and contemplate for a long while. What will I miss if I go left? What will I lose if I go right? And in my indecision, have I chosen a worse fate?
Post Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:59 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Itīs a pretty good idea to climb down the ladder to the left and let Gorn fight alone in the upper area.
Post Sat Jun 29, 2002 8:06 pm
HeWhoHasNoName
Lord of Sorrows
Lord of Sorrows

Where is your honour peoples.
If you can't handle the arrows, go get some rings and amulets. They can add a lot to your protection against arrows.
=Member of The Sports Fan Club=
Post Sun Jun 30, 2002 1:18 am