Evil personas and alternate endings
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
SheerWolf
Village Leader
Village Leader

Evil personas and alternate endings

Help me compile a list of CRPG's where you play an *evil* person, or have the option to play either good or evil (with the possibility of getting an *evil alternate ending*).

*SPOILER FOR THE ENDINGS OF SOME OF THE LISTED GAMES*

Those I know of are:

Lands of Lore 2: You can complete the game by attacking and killing anyone you meet, and can do so in exceptionally cruel ways. In the end, you can become either a good hero and heir to the throne, or an evil god.

Baldur's Gate 1 & 2: You can succeed Bhaal and become the next God of Death.

Legend of Kyrandia III: Malcolm's Revenge: You play the evil jester/sorcerer Malcolm and can complete the game through doing evil deeds and messing with people. This was "funny evil" though hehe, and the "evil" ending wasn't that much different from the "good" one.

Might and Magic VIII: I believe this was the one. You can join the devils and vanquish the angels. The interface in the game even "turns evil" hehe.

I was disappointed to find out that there was no way of getting an evil ending in Morrowind... it really seemed like it was a possibility. To gain the power for ourselves, or joining Dagoth Uhr... but no.

I considered listing Vampire: Redemption here, but changed my mind. You're a good man and fight evil, even though you occationally feed on the innocent.

So what other games with (alternate) evil endings can you think of?
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:55 am
Seth
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing

I don’t like to repeat myself, but Arcanum is the game you should definitely check it out.

I don’t know how many times I’ve already promoted this game.
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:23 am
Hexy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Fallout 1 and 2.
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:46 pm
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

You could choose to be evil in PS-T also. Arx allowed you to kill everything as well.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:15 am
Seth
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing

In most of RPG’s you could kill everybody and everything, but this doesn’t mean the ending will be different, besides is killing spree really evil way? I think I read some time ago topic about what evil game-play means to the players.
Post Fri Jul 11, 2003 6:31 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I do not like to play games that force you to be at least partly evil.
I can not remember on such RPGs, but there are games like Blood Omen or even latest GTA that I can play, because I need to try to save the world and need to be on the right side :].
Post Sat Jul 12, 2003 8:41 pm