View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Mouse
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Alchemy & forging questions

Just a couple of general questions.....

Alchemy I'm playing a merc and due to ignorance happily munched virtually all the dragonroots I found in ch1 (only 1 left ). At this point, I have more than enough Kings Sorrel, but am I going to find enough dragonroots in the remainder of the game to make it worthwile investing 20 LPs in Alchemy to make permanent +5 strength potions?

Forging I have got the basic skill, and am wondering whether to use any more LPs to raise it. My basic aim at this point is to go for 100% 2h proficiency, and as I already have Dragonslicer, I'm wondering if forging at the highest level will enable me to obtain the best 2h weapons in the game (or can they simply be bought in later chapters)?

TIA

Mouse

P.S. Mods - if you feel this verges on a spoiler request, please move
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Post Sat Aug 23, 2003 11:14 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

You should check out a map that highlights all the locations for herbs. I'm sure someone here can provide you with an URL.

Forging doesn't work like that. You only learn each forging skill once, and that's it. You can't improve your current forging skill, you can only learn new forging skills, but only at certain points in the game. Each different forging skill will enable you to create a new type of sword. The most basic forging skill is Self Forged Swords. In other words, there is no percentages involved. It's the same way with skills such as pickpocketing, lockpicking, sneaking, and trophies. (The only difference is none of your attributes will effect your proficiency.)
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Sun Aug 24, 2003 1:50 am
Mouse
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for the reply.

What I really meant to ask is if the "better" forging skills eventually enable you to create a sword with stats above what can be bought. If, say, by spending 5LPs every time I meet a new smith to learn their skill I could eventually be in a position to forge a sword that is considerably better than any I can find/buy, then I'd consider it .

As for the herb map, I await the url in a fever of anticipation
Post Sun Aug 24, 2003 9:29 am
kugraw
City Guard
City Guard

The german herb map for Khorinis and valley of mines are at

http://forum.jowood.de/attachment.php?s=&postid=425088

http://forum.jowood.de/attachment.php?s=&postid=425099

green dots are dragon roots. Some elite orcs also have dragon roots. But they won't sell them to you.

Kay
Post Sun Aug 24, 2003 2:12 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

Paladins and Mercenarys have a special sword they can make near the end of the game, which is better than any swords you can buy from a vendor. You shouldn't ask for more details unless you want to ruin the surprise.
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:50 am
Mouse
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ooooooh - go, spoil me
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 4:31 pm
Heerschap
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

As for the dragonroot question... you can get a LOT more of those from looting the Orc Elites that are camping around the castle. For best results clear all Orc camps around the castle in Chapter 2 (difficult, but not impossible), because more Orcs will be re-added later in the game.
Post Wed Sep 10, 2003 1:55 pm
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Mouse
Ooooooh - go, spoil me

The most powerful sword I found in the game is a Large Ore Dragon Slayer I'm playing as a mercenary and forged it myself.
It's a 2 handed weapon, 110 damage, 100 strenght needed.
Post Tue Sep 30, 2003 9:07 am