View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
ryley
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

what would happen if?????

hey guys,
you know when you kill one of those "essential" character in the game, and you get a message saying if you wanna reload or choose to "stay in the doomed world that you have created"? What would happen if you do choose to continue playing, has anyone ever tried to play through instead of reloading the game?
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 3:27 pm
XeroX
The MasterCopy
The MasterCopy

i think you will get stuck at one point because the npc you killed can't give you quest or help you advance.
Sure give it a try might be fun.

To join the Sportfans PM me
www.feyenoord.com
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 3:44 pm
FireAnt
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

ok but say if i already did the dewemer puzzle box thing and then ikilled that guy would it matter?
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 5:42 pm
sooth
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

nah, don't kill Caius Cosades. he gives you a bunch of quests. well, you could, but....you won't learn a thing about the 6th house or Dragoth Ur.
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 6:44 pm
Prgrmr@wrk
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Some ppl can be killed after a certain point, but some must be alive for most of the game. Once you kill dagoth ur though, go on a spree
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 7:21 pm
txiabxyooj
Fox Spirit
Fox Spirit

i don't know where i heard but it has been said that you can just skip ahead in the game without doing the quests. someone posted that you can still just go on like nothing happened, but this requires knowledge of the quests to come. in other words as long as you already know the info that the character you killed passes along you should be fine. however, don't take this as fact, because this is just crap i have read elsewhere in the posting boards. check the spoiler forum for more.
"The origin of things, if things have an origin, cannot be revealed to me, if revealed at all, until I have travelled very far from it, and many revolutions of the sun must precede my first dawn. The light as it appears hides the candle." --Santayana
=member of the worshippers of the written word=
=member of the Non-flamers' guild=
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 7:41 pm
ryley
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

i'm just curious as to why the developers would even give you the option of continuing the game???, what would be gained by continuing? why not just reload on the last save?
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 8:17 pm
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

There was definately a character that was NOT needed for the main quest, but had the "needed" flag turned on. It was the guy with the bear mask helm (or some such thing). Ran across him in some ancestral tomb. Killed him (he would attack me on sight if I became visible around him). Then got the message about the doomed world. I got taken aback by it, but reloaded back and left the dungeon. I finished the game and never had to go back to the dungeon again. :/

So, take those messages wiht the grain of salt. All you really need is some items from lord Vivec. So don't kill him prematurely. Beyond that, you don't really need any NPCs if you know where you're going.
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 8:43 pm
Prgrmr@wrk
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Uh, moondragon, divayth fyr is another npc you need until later in the game. Not to give anything away, but if you kill him early off, you're screwed. There are a number of npcs you can't kill if you want to finish the main quest, such as caius cosades.
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 10:18 pm

quote:
Originally posted by ryley
i'm just curious as to why the developers would even give you the option of continuing the game???, what would be gained by continuing? why not just reload on the last save?

Sometimes it just sucks when you kill someone and read "game over"
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 10:32 pm

sooth
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

well, i just screwed myself over by killing one of the Ashlander Neverine(or whatever) guys in the camp on the northside of the island. now i tried to complete the quest they gave me,and they just wanna kill me.
this keeps me from completing the main quest? lame
Post Mon Jul 01, 2002 6:19 pm
hest59
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

You don't need anyone but that dwarf yagarn or whatever in tel fyr to complete the prophecy of killing of dagoth ur really
Post Mon Jul 01, 2002 6:26 pm