Will anyone help on this Ranger Quest?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
machaira
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Will anyone help on this Ranger Quest?

Will anyone help me out on this Ranger Quest to get through the Secret Dungeon with out setting off any traps? I would use a cheat code or anything to get through this part. This game is quickly losing its appeal because of the hardness of this so called Quest.

I also post under the name of hmmfan. I tried to do what the last guy said and it didn't work for me.

How did the rest of you complete this task?

Thanks for replys....
Post Thu May 16, 2002 11:36 pm
Guest Dare

MAJOR SPOILER ALERT

don't read if you don't want to be spoiled
Simply walk to the end of the dungeon before talking with the guy and cast Lloyd's beacon right near the end (after all the traps). Then leave and re-enter the dungeon, talk to the attendant, recall your beacon, talk to the attendant to complete the quest. Very simple, very easy.
Post Fri May 17, 2002 10:16 am

Guest Dare

And if you think this quest is hard I don't recommend you try to make any Lich's in your party.
Post Fri May 17, 2002 10:18 am

Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

I used Guest Dare's trick to solve this dungeon, otherwise it would've been a really time consuming mess.
Post Fri May 17, 2002 12:09 pm

Thanks everyone for your help!

Thank all of you for replying to my plea. And a special thank you to Lintra who sent me 3 private messages to help. By the time I read this last 3 posts. I had already made it through all but the last room "legitamently."
The secret to the fireball room was use quicksave and reload (of course), to be in walking mode, and to get the jumping down right several times before useing the lever. Then I used the lever while continuing to practice and when I got it I had passed that one. The last room is really a stinker because I know how to get through it. There just is not enough time. Some people are really addept to this obsticle courses, I am not. With Dare's very plain explaination about setting a beacon after all the traps, and then leaving the dungeon and then talking to the guy before beaconing back to that spot, I finally got the sequience of events in the right order. Before I never left the dungeon I just beaconed. That was the problem. So thanks again guys I'v no got 2 rangers do to your help. Now all I need is another everquest bow and they should be set for ranged combat.
And to all the others that should read this, don't waste your time on that dungeon.
Post Fri May 17, 2002 10:07 pm

EricGene

Thanks to Guest DAre

Thanks so much for the "cheat" We went through itand through it. Supposedly perfectly. Yet the trigger wouldn't go off. You've saved our game.
Post Sat Jun 15, 2002 3:46 pm