Here is what I got:

1. Myles lvl 5 --- Stealth 100
2. Vi lvl 6
3. Ninja lvl 6 --- Stealth 100
4. Ninja lvl 1 --- Stealth 100
5. Ninja lvl 1 --- Stealth 100
6. Ninja lvl 1 --- Stealth 100
7. Ninja lvl 1 --- Stealth 100
8. Samurai lvl 5 --- Stealth 100 (changed from Ninja lvl 1)

That's what I wanna do;

1. Myles --- changes to Fighter
2. Vi ----no change
3. Ninja ----no change
4. Ninja ----changes to Lord
5. Ninja ----changes to Ranger
6. Ninja ----changes to Psionic
7. Ninja ----changes to Psionic
8. Samurai -no change

I would be glad to hear your opinions about changing Myles to Fighter. That's what makes me hesitate.

Thank you everyone for your time

Scorillo, the Romanian wIZARd
Post Sat Oct 12, 2002 6:18 pm
otter
One of Us

Did you keep all those Ninjas at L1 all the way to Arnika?
Eh, Why two Psionics? (Make a Monk or Bishop...or both)
As to Myles fighting, i dunno, i've never taken any NPC's, but don't change him until he's got at least 50 in L&T (not counting the bonus). That's enough if you've got the spells to support him.
Post Sun Oct 13, 2002 12:28 am
Scorillo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Since it's my second try on Wiz8 (I gave up the 1st one at L23/24), I knew how to reach Arnika. The momost difficult part was encountering the ambush of 8 rogues in Arnika Road (Oh, Jeeaz, how I ran away! ). By the time was passing, I realized that the monsters I had to fight with were piece of cake so I had no urge to up-level my Ninjas. (there were just a few weak redweeds and roaches). Actually it's Critical Strike what I want them to get.

Why 2 Psionics? IMHO their abilities and spells are the most useful. Bishop? He's great but I can't afford one right now Monk? Definitely no. What difference does a Monk make since my Ninjas already got Stealth&Critical Strike? I accurrately calculated the Stats for every character so everyone will up-level at the desired class. (Ranger, Lord, Psionic).

Greetings

PS: I want to thank once again to Val, Bilbo and dteowner for the priceless help when I needed it most.
Post Sun Oct 13, 2002 8:44 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

I'm not sure I'd want to change Myles from a thief. Thieves can get some nice weapons and with their backstabbing ability they can really deal out some major damage if you can keep him alive. I'd love finding a nice corner to draw monsters into and have everyone use ranged weapons, polearms and spells while my fighter and Myles dealt out death with their melee range weapons. Often Myles would do more damage than my fighter.
If you still want to switch him over, then follow otter's advice and raise his L&T skill first.
Like otter, I don't know why you want two psionics. Personally, I'd like a Bishop or possibly a Priest. Never underestimate the Divine realm.
Post Sun Oct 13, 2002 9:56 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

I'm neither a fan of RPCs, a fan of stockpiling XP, nor a fan of class-changing, so I guess I don't have much advice for you this time. Not saying that you're doing anything wrong, just different from my usual approach.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Sun Oct 13, 2002 2:31 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:
Originally posted by dteowner
I'm neither a fan of RPCs, a fan of stockpiling XP, nor a fan of class-changing

Exactly same here. I do not say that your changes are not possible. I just think it will be really difficult to survive several first fights.
Post Sun Oct 13, 2002 5:43 pm
Scorillo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well, I don't know what to say now... Val says the thief makes extra damage by backstabbing but the Fighter goes berserk and I suppose they do quite the same amount of damage. I dunno...Plus I can increase my Ninja's L&T every time he levels-up. And I can increase his L&T skill by training him a little. OTAH Ninja cannot bear the Thief shield and that Posseur's cap(?). In conclusion I vote for changing Myles to fighter.
Reasons:
-he gets higher AC
-he gets higher HP
-since all my all spellcasters wield extended weapons, I don't even need him to fight; just to defend his weaker comrades; I'll use him eventually in the fight against ranged/spellcasting enemies.
My strategy is to develop a completely defensive team. That's why I need a sttrong fighter.

If just for L&T, I'm afraid I'm not going to deal with Myles as a thief...

Dteowner, well, I think that my problem is that I didn't want to play my first game to the very end just because I started to hate my team. It's quite frustrating to give up the game when at L23 or so. Now I'm trying to make a party I would love to fight with

No matter what, I wanna say I appreciate a lot every advice. They mean a lot to me.

PS: I observed an extremely odd fact. Some of my stuff disappeared from my inventory! I'm quite positive I didn't lose/throw/sell them. It's about that chip in Monastery and a sword. Is that a known problem?
Post Sun Oct 13, 2002 6:20 pm
Scorillo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Danicek, please allow me to welcome you here

You might be right in certain circumstances but right now I got stronger Samurai, Ninja and Valkyrie (Vi). I'm working on my soon becoming Psionic's Critical Strike (it's 90 now). As soon as I reach the top with this skill, I'll proudly present a L7 Psionic. What do you think. Am I going to make it?

I'm looking forward for your next replies

Scorillo
Post Sun Oct 13, 2002 6:38 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

quote:
Originally posted by Scorillo
Dteowner, well, I think that my problem is that I didn't want to play my first game to the very end just because I started to hate my team. It's quite frustrating to give up the game when at L23 or so. Now I'm trying to make a party I would love to fight with

No matter what, I wanna say I appreciate a lot every advice. They mean a lot to me.
I can sort of understand- I believe I'm the reigning king of restarts here. Otter may have 20 wins (maybe 21 now), but I bet even he can't compete with my restarts. I've put together so many parties that I finally lost track of the number. I seem to make it as far as Arnika before I start thinking of mistakes I made developing the party (whether it's class makeup, or the way I grew each character thru the first 7 or so levels). Sometimes it's really a screwup, other times it's probably my imagination. I can't imagine getting all the way to level 23 before starting over, though. As has been said hundreds of times on this board, the beauty of Wiz8 is that there's no "right" way to do it, so by all means go with your plan.

As for the advice, we're always more than happy to show off our "immense knowledge" to anyone that will listen... And a couple of the "experts" here even know what they're talking about!
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Sun Oct 13, 2002 7:00 pm
Bilbo
High Emperor
High Emperor

You're welcome, Scorillo. Free advice here, any time. Of course, you have to be careful that you're getting what you paid for.

I'm the anti-king of restarts - NONE. Started 2 parties, finished 1 and will finish the other. I think this is because I spent so much time in advance planning my parties.

Now I seem to have the answer to my question that I left as an exercise to readers in another thread - you CAN change classes of RPCs. Interesting. I may play with this idea in my next party (this time I'm running using no RPCs except for the rescue missions). Then again, maybe I won't because I haven't changed any character classes yet either.

As to your proposed changes, I see what you're going for - and I like your thoughts except the double psionic. I would replace a psionic with a bard or a gadgeteer. You have more than enough fighting, and you've covered the magic realms already (even though I don't think you'll use them a lot, as you're very fighting oriented). You can continue to improve the L&T skills, and will either have good instruments for spells or funky gadget effects. Of course, this is just my not so humble opinion, and feel free to disregard this though which you have paid oh so much for.
Post Mon Oct 14, 2002 12:48 am
Scorillo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

As dteowner says, I'll go with my plan. A night has passed, now I'm ready to fight. Myles goes to Fighter.
Bylbo, hey there, long time no see! Well, the Gadgetter is not my favourite nor the Bard. In my first game I used that Umpani Gadgeteer and I was not happy with him (he lost Stamina in no time). As for the Bard, well, I dunno. Never used one and I'm afraid not to screw up my entire strategy. I still think of using two Psionics. There's smth in my mind that tells me "This is the right way" Maybe I'll change one of them to Bishop after a while...I don't know yet.

I'll come back from time to time to share with yoy my humble ideas
Till then I wish you all the best in the world

Scorillo, the Romanian wIZARd

PS: I observed every monster tries to hit Vi just because she ain't got Stealth. This works for me a lot This could be an answer for Danicek.
Post Mon Oct 14, 2002 7:53 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:
Originally posted by Scorillo
Danicek, please allow me to welcome you here

Thanks,

I just wonder if I shouldnt welcome you here :]. But it doesnt matter, I am always glad when someone is welcoming me, also if it is in my own house :].
Post Mon Oct 14, 2002 9:55 am
Scorillo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hehe Danicek, I meant you're welcome here in this little topic. Nice to say this is your home Any room for rent?

Best wishes to you there in Ceska Respublica (Have I spelt it right? )

Arrivederci!

PS: You were right about those first "tough fights". Three L21 Slashers? Jeez! My Ninja took a nap (a deep one ), now he's OK. Everybody's happy, including me

Nota bene: I feel like a jerk speaking such a crap English :]
Post Mon Oct 14, 2002 8:18 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Ahh, you are from Romania :].

You spelled it right.
Post Wed Oct 16, 2002 1:18 pm
shai_aus
Village Leader
Village Leader

Don't worry, you guys have really good English skills.

Psionics are great, and I don't see any problem in having two of them, if that's what you want. Pump points into the Mental realm, and use Insanity in excess

Also, get one of them to pump points into Fire, for the Haste spell if nothing else.
Post Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:20 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next