Usergroups
I could fly :) (a little SPOILER)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Divine
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Uh! I finally had unusual experience: I just handed the list to Lares and was about to leave the NC cave but decided to save. When the progress bar was over and the screen returned to the game I was high in the air, approximatelly at the ceiling of the cave and falling down... Before I could say 'Ouch' I landed with a normal sound unharmed.
Before that I saw the same happening to the Orc scouts at the Orc Cemetary entrance when I was leaving it. The dead Orc would fall from above when I appeared in the outside world.
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 2:54 pm
antagonistix
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hahaha
thats funny

Well once i killed an orc and cut him on his way down, 2 or 3 quick slices, and he kept getting up and dying with a scream for about 10 minutes after he died! He was half embedded in a rock too ! Hilarious - try it cut some orc on his way down as many times as you can.

[ This Message was edited by: antagonistix on 2002-03-01 09:32 ]
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 3:31 pm
Olgerth Heidern
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Yeah, I've seen the same "falling orc" phenomenon in the Orc Cemetary. It was the same orc hunter I'd cut down earlier on while going to the cave.

I wonder if the game spawns creatures anew every time you enter a different zone, and the "falling orcs" are just the artifacts of the spawning process.

We fight because we must.
Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 3:46 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

I think you're right with the spawning theory. In the orc cemetary orcs and templars kept on falling down around me after each reload, and when I once in a bloodthirsty minute killed Bloodwyn and his gate gang (I reloaded an earlier save several hours afterwards because I felt guilty, in case you wonder now ) and returned to the place later - not only did all those dead guys drop out of the sky, they also landed in completely different places than before.

Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 6:59 pm