Shany Quest Questions
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
reneeharper8
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Shany Quest Questions

Q1: Is Shaney already dead if the Priests are coming out of room 7? I started to fight the priests until the door opened. I ran into the room but Shaney is not on the alter (although I did not see any blood) and the demon is there as well.

Q2: Since this is a side quest, will I be OK if I don't save her?

Thanks in advance!
Post Tue Mar 25, 2003 6:06 pm
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

A1: To the best of my knowledge, yes, Shaney is dead by then.
A2: You are OK not saving her, just loosing some XP (don't forget to kill the demon to squeese as much XP as possible in your situation) and a free buy at Maria's shop.
Post Tue Mar 25, 2003 6:43 pm
reneeharper8
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks

I have an old saved game, but it's at the very beginning of part 2. I didn't want to have to kill all the goblins all over again. I may do it anyway because I really wanted to save Shaney.

I left level 4 to buy health potion and upgrade my armor because the priests were kicking my butt. But when I got back, it seems Shaney may already be dead. But I didn't think she would be if the priests were still alive.

So if I restart part 2 of the game, I will ensure I have plenty of potions and have the best weapons and armor possible before I go in!
Post Tue Mar 25, 2003 6:57 pm
Temptress
Purely Innocent
Purely Innocent

If the demon is there she is already dead. But you don't have to fight the demon if you save her in time.

*spoiler*

Follow the priests until one of them opens the door to the alter room. Run past them and get up to the alter between Shany(alter) and the priest about to kill her. Stay there and attck them as they come to you and there is no demon and you don't need a lot of health, etc.. The priests are pretty easy to kill.

Good Luck!

~T
Post Thu Mar 27, 2003 4:52 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

Good advice. I was determined to save her. I wasn't about to allow a little child to be sacrificed. Timing is everything, so save while following the priests to allow for errors of judgement.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Thu Mar 27, 2003 6:58 am
reneeharper8
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks Guys

My strength level is 14 and the priests are kicking my butt. What's the deal with the one that keeps healing himself? He was actually on the ground once and I thought he was dead, but then he got back up and killed me. Haven't finished this quest yet, but I am trying!

Thanks alot for the help guys!
Post Thu Mar 27, 2003 4:04 pm
Temptress
Purely Innocent
Purely Innocent

Don't forget to try potions! You can keep using the "H" key and it won't affect the health of anyone but you. It's better than the spell. Just keep hacking away at them. Try using the firball spell as well.

Good Luck!

~T
Post Thu Mar 27, 2003 6:39 pm
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by Temptress
Don't forget to try potions! You can keep using the "H" key and it won't affect the health of anyone but you. It's better than the spell. Just keep hacking away at them. Try using the firball spell as well.

Good Luck!

~T

Never mind. I saved her. I found a post here from someone who was having the exact problem I was having. He posted in detail when he finally did it. He said he "waited like a sneak and tip-toed behind them (the monks)." That's what I did. Two of them noticed me and I had to fight them off but I kept charging ahead after that. How wonderful to hear her calling "mommy" as I fought off the priests:)

I can't save her. As soon as the cut scene in room 10 ends I race to room 7, usually ahead of the priests by the time I get there. I hear Shany call Mommy just as I get to the door. When the door opens, there is only one priest there but he has already killed her. I get between her body and the rest of the priests but I'm protecting a dead girl. How fast do you have to be for this?

BTW, should I have gone to room 7 beforehand and taken all the sacrificial instruments? Maybe I tried to hard to prepare and messed up the quest.

Please help if you can. And thanks. I have to save Shany or the game will be ruined for me.
Post Fri Jul 04, 2003 11:59 am