Non-linear. Part 2
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Divinity & Beyond Divinity

Author Thread
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

Non-linear. Part 2

Yikes, I guess I haven't been following the script at all. It seems that I skipped part of the farmland. It also seems, that by talking to a few NPGs out of sequence renders them unavailable for quests latter. One in particular happened last night. I saw a huge black area on my map and marched over to the area to find a barn with a frightened solider hiding inside, he mentioned something about "the Crawler". Well, I remembered seeing the Crawler, in fact I even marked where he was standing on my map (in the Orchard). so, I figured no problem. Just go over to the spot and wipe out the Crawler. Well, it doesn't seem to work that way, because he is no where in sight.
I did find something interesting though, prior to entering the barn where the solider is hiding, a cut scene occurs with a vendor approaching you. It seems that the vendor has some pretty neat items; AND his inventory changes. If you save the game just before this scene, you can reload until he is carrying the items you want. He had a neat axe (over 5380 gold) when I found out about the Crawler.
Anyway; back to my problem. I had to go back (many hours) to a save game that brought me back to a game prior to meeting the Crawler. The only problem about this is that I do not have much money now for the above mentioned vendor. I guess I am going to have to find the script to the game and follow it. This is a very non-linear game!
Post Thu Nov 28, 2002 3:40 pm
Jay
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

LOL, tell me about it. One of the first places I went was the Castle, and I was way too low in level. Luckily with the aid of a lot of Mana Cauldrens I managed to escape. There are a few Quest breakers that you have to very carefull off, one even makes the game uncompletable.

Brilliant game though.
Post Thu Nov 28, 2002 4:02 pm
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land

Yep, I agree.

** Some light spoilers **

I think I broke just about everything there was. I opened the tombs in the room for the Holy Weapons and broke that. I entered Commander Ralph's room early and broke that. I broke the Dr Elrath/poison thing.

*sigh*, still loved the game but it helps to do certain things in the right order.
Post Fri Nov 29, 2002 10:42 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Strange. I must be incredibly lucky. I never broke any quests.
Post Fri Nov 29, 2002 9:22 pm
Dhruin

No, not lucky - probably just more thorough/careful than I was based on your excellent quest guide. Although the Holy Weapon thing completely wasn't my fault; they should have hidden the crypt better if I wasn't supposed to find it.
Post Sat Nov 30, 2002 1:33 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Er... your supposed to find the crypt. It's your fault if you didn't talk to the statue before racing to the tombs to see what's inside. Consider that punishment for being greedy.
Post Sat Nov 30, 2002 1:42 am