Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
How in heck do I get back to the rebel camp w/Shld of Elder?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
sakanuki
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

How in heck do I get back to the rebel camp w/Shld of Elder?

After getting the Shield of the Elder on Level 6, I'm trying to return to the rebel camp so i can give the shield and get the Krahoz in return. Problem is I can't get back in. What have I forgotten or what am I missing. I have the key the rebel leader gave me which is supposed to grant free access in and out. The entryway is highlighted when I approach it (i.e. a glowing portion of the stone wall) but it doesn't respond to anything - key or spell. I'm wondering if I triggered a bug after I got the shield. I was, of course, attacked by the Lich and retreated to the room the far side of the rotating symbols puzzle. I loaded up with spells to continue the battle and ventured out to do battle again. That's when I saw "steam" rising from the steel platform covering the lava. When I opened it, the Lich was there, apparently having stumbled into it as he searched for me. I thought I was pretty clever, but is it possible that I have to personally kill him in order for the door to open for a return to the rebel camp. I am truly stumped. Believe me I have scoured the levels for an alternate way in but have had no success. A golem's heart to anyone who can give me a hand!!!! Thanks, Bob B.
Post Sat Jul 12, 2003 8:41 pm
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life

Another fish caught. Don't worry, many, many people have had this problem. There is a keyhole you need to use the key on and it's very hard to see. You'll find it on the lower left side of the door, on the cave wall. That should solve your problem.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Sun Jul 13, 2003 3:28 am
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Re: How in heck do I get back to the rebel camp w/Shld of El

I got stuck on this yesterday:) I finally found the the keyhole on the portal on the upper right corner of the Level f4 map. Use the dagger on it.

When you get to the end of the snake temple thing, would you please tell me exactly how to get to room 6/25? I've found a button on the wall in the back end of room 22, but that does nothing but open two closet like areas, one north, the other south. I can't walk through either, although the location on the map has an indicator that it is the access to room 23.

The walk through says something about walking backwards at some point, but I can't walk through that wall either backwards or forwards. I'm doing that whole sequence over with walk through in hand but so far I hadn't missed anything.

quote:
Originally posted by sakanuki
After getting the Shield of the Elder on Level 6, I'm trying to return to the rebel camp so i can give the shield and get the Krahoz in return. Problem is I can't get back in. What have I forgotten or what am I missing. I have the key the rebel leader gave me which is supposed to grant free access in and out. The entryway is highlighted when I approach it (i.e. a glowing portion of the stone wall) but it doesn't respond to anything - key or spell. I'm wondering if I triggered a bug after I got the shield. I was, of course, attacked by the Lich and retreated to the room the far side of the rotating symbols puzzle. I loaded up with spells to continue the battle and ventured out to do battle again. That's when I saw "steam" rising from the steel platform covering the lava. When I opened it, the Lich was there, apparently having stumbled into it as he searched for me. I thought I was pretty clever, but is it possible that I have to personally kill him in order for the door to open for a return to the rebel camp. I am truly stumped. Believe me I have scoured the levels for an alternate way in but have had no success. A golem's heart to anyone who can give me a hand!!!! Thanks, Bob B.

Post Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:23 pm
corwin

You walk backwards and slip sideways to avoid the teleport. It's tricky for timing, but not hard. I found it frustrating till I caught on how to do it.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Mon Jul 14, 2003 6:28 am
OctU
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

After pressing the button in the NE corner of room 22, you simply walk through the illusion of a wall at the NW corner of room 22. This will lead you into room 23.

Once you reach room 23, you can avoid having to make any special "backwards" or "sideways" moves by simply moving slowly and paying close attention to your surroundings. The moment you perceive a slight "shift" around you when you start to move around the column in room 23, simply turn around in place, and continue forward. The teleporter in this room simply turns you around, so just turn back around again to continue in your original direction. You can also check your map to verify if you've been turned around and see if you're going in the right direction.
Post Mon Jul 14, 2003 5:15 pm
sakanuki
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks!

You guys are the best . . . Found the keyhole with your help and got back to the rebel camp with the shield. Would NEVER have found it without your prompting . . I think I'm going to need new eyes or new glasses if I'm going to succeed with this game!!! . . . . Thanks again
Post Sun Jul 20, 2003 11:51 am