Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Xardas is wacky and Gorn is pissing me off!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Brak
City Guard
City Guard

Chapter 4 spoilers -

Xardas - I get up to his tower and transport to the upper levels so I can talk to him. Well, he tells me what to do and sends me on my merry way. So how does he expect me to get down from the tower?! the rune that took me from his lower level to his upper level doesn't swing both ways! The only way I could figure out was to use one of my other transportation runes. But he doesn't know I have them, how did he expect me to get down from there, jump?! Damn wacky necro!

Part 2 - Last night Gorn and I went down to the New mine to kick some arse. Well I go into that chamber where you have to go down a ladder and the guy with the crossbow shoots you off the ladder. Gorn follows...by jumping the whole way down (apparently he doesn't do ladders very well). And proceeds to kill everyone, including me. I have re-done it several times and I know I haven't hit him, but he keeps trying to kill me. Has anyone experienced this? Is this a bug? Geez, I hope it's not part of the plot, because he is one tough mutha, (shut yo Mouth) I'm just talkin about Gorn.

Post Mon Jan 07, 2002 5:15 pm
Jinx
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

quote:

Brak wrote:
Chapter 4 spoilers -

Xardas - I get up to his tower and transport to the upper levels so I can talk to him. Well, he tells me what to do and sends me on my merry way. So how does he expect me to get down from the tower?! the rune that took me from his lower level to his upper level doesn't swing both ways! The only way I could figure out was to use one of my other transportation runes. But he doesn't know I have them, how did he expect me to get down from there, jump?! Damn wacky necro!

I guess he figured that if you couldn't get down by yourself then you wouldn't be able to fufill your quest anyway

quote:

Part 2 - Last night Gorn and I went down to the New mine to kick some arse. Well I go into that chamber where you have to go down a ladder and the guy with the crossbow shoots you off the ladder. Gorn follows...by jumping the whole way down (apparently he doesn't do ladders very well). And proceeds to kill everyone, including me. I have re-done it several times and I know I haven't hit him, but he keeps trying to kill me. Has anyone experienced this? Is this a bug? Geez, I hope it's not part of the plot, because he is one tough mutha, (shut yo Mouth) I'm just talkin about Gorn.

Yup that's a most annoying bug.
Just leave him at the entrance (talk to him and say stay here and I'll scout). He'll be disgruntled forever from now on but he won't kill you...
Post Mon Jan 07, 2002 5:22 pm
Baalcipher
Humanoid Typhoon
Humanoid Typhoon

Yeah, he goes berserk. Just let him go. You sneak around and help the orc.

He got mad at me when I picked up one of his fellow mercenary's axe. And he yelled "hands off!" when I pulled the winch.

Damn dirty bug.

Post Mon Jan 07, 2002 5:23 pm
Brak
City Guard
City Guard

I already told him once to wait, but I thought i could use his help in this area. When I went back to get him to tell him to come help me, he said that thing that lefty always says after you beat up lefty. That whole "aw man, why are you always picking on me" thing. I thought it was funny, but I should have known at that point he was gonna get all buggy on me.

Post Mon Jan 07, 2002 5:31 pm
NecroDancer
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I haven't come across these bugs yet. All my winches work fine and Gorn never bothers me down there.
Post Mon Jan 07, 2002 6:23 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

there is a another way where to get down from Xardas Castle search the little tower on the roof there you can jump on a cliff and there go where ya want to

Gorn is just hitting you thats why he wants to kill everyone he wants to play the boss and he gets mad if you fight with thouse Gomezes mans
Post Mon Jan 07, 2002 6:31 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

1) You cant get the rune to Xardas tower until you get the recall rune for swamp camp and New Camp. Xardas may not know that, but the GAME does Also, high HPs or Acrobat will get you out of his tower (I prefer the perfect 10.0 swan dive into the swamps to the right of the tower myself)
2) As for Gorn, your best bet is to just let him take the lead in the mines...he drops everyone to like 25% health, all you have to do is knock them down and he does the killing part (LOL, that whole run through the FREE MINE reminded me of my PKing days on UO!! Running around in a robe and carrying a HUGE dbl sided axe killing any/everyone). I think the bug of him attacking you takes place right after the 1st accidental hit on him. He wont take damage or even focus in on attacking you right then and there, but with the next mob you both take on, he may just finish them AND you off as a glitch...
Post Tue Jan 08, 2002 5:46 pm