Gothic 2 Version and Walkthrough?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Flora Steel
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Gothic 2 Version and Walkthrough?

Is the current English version of Gothic 2 v1.31?? Couldn't find any patches.

Is there a good walkthrough for Gothic 2?? Where??

Thank you.
Post Sat Feb 07, 2004 9:30 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Welcome to the forum!

First one walkthrough is at www.gamefaqs.com http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/gothic_2.txt

Another is here somewhere on this website I believe.

There exist two English versions, the most common is the UK English version 1.31. The other is the US version 1.32. Two different publishers, and COP protections.

Only very minor difference in the two versions. US has the german text in journal cleaned up. You can do that by using my fan made G2Text1 Mod if you only have the UK 1.31 version. It maybe had for download at this website.

The other small buglet that was fixed is the wearing two rings at the same time. Sometimes you would have to remove your armor vest to change the second ring. As for the voice acting, it is the same ASAIK.

I did/was working on a G2Hard Mod to rebalance spells and fix exploits in game to stop out right cheating, and generally make the game harder and more fun. But the expansion Raven does this goal and so much more, and I am still waiting fo that instead...
Post Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:06 pm
megadav
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

You can download a walkthrough from GothicDot. (But I think the game is better without one. If you have a problem, just write it! )
Post Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:08 pm
Flora Steel
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Okay, thanks for the walkthrough link. I hope I don't have to use it. I have the 1.31 version so I would like to pick up this G2text1.zip Mod you mention but so far I'm not finding it--help? Can you find it? Is it your patch?

It doesn't sound like I'm missing much not having the 1.32 USA version. To bad they don't like to do patches. Thanks.
Post Sun Feb 08, 2004 2:28 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Somebody in the German community made a patch to make the add-on easier!
Post Sun Feb 08, 2004 2:52 am
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Gorath, I PM you about that other G2Text1 Mod patch. Can you host it? It fixes the German text showing up in the journal. It is a nice fan made patch for Gothic 2.
Post Sun Feb 08, 2004 3:16 am
Flora Steel
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

So...um...WHERE is this patch to fix the German to English in the 1.31 version? It seems like it might be important enough that one of the forums or Gothic 2 sites might support its distribution in some fashion by now. The 1.31 version has been out a long time. Thank you.
Post Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:02 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Gorath has a copy, it was for download; now it needs to be put back up. I PM him. Maybe he takes the weekend off.

I can mail it direct to you, but I need to send it to an e-mail adress that will accept an attachment. It is 1Meg. Hotmail and yahoo hidden accounts will not take it. PM me with a upload site you can entertain, and I will upload it there.

He should put it back up in the gallery, special download section here. Just label as Journal Text Fix or something. So not to confuse it for the English patch for the German Demo. It is as close to a semi-official patch you will get so far.
Post Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:57 pm