Newbie needs Gothic II advice.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Hawk
Village Leader
Village Leader

Newbie needs Gothic II advice.

I played the original Gothic many times and love it. Now I have Gothic II and am struggling with my character attributes.
I would like advice on what are the most important areas to use my XP's. I'm fairly new with RPG's and it seems in order to complete most of the Chapter 1 quests I need to know a lot. I am up to level ten. I have Sneak, Pickpocket and Alchemy. Strength 30 and Dex 36. One handed is 20, two handed 15 also both bows are 15. I really want to get Tekla's stew but can't beat Bullco yet. I have the leather armor but if I go for mercenarie and hopfully get better armor I will miss the xp's for beating up some of the other mercenaries. I don't even know if this is the best path. I can't come close to killing the large skeletons or minecrawler warriors. Any advice here appreciated.
I have hesitated at this point as getting the level ups are getting tougher now. Thanks for any advice. Hints also appreciated.
Post Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:59 pm
Secret Agent Lawanda
The last thing you see...
The last thing you see...

First, don't spread out your points in trying to do everything. Focus on one form of combat and up your strength. If you want to be a merc, I'd suggest dumping points in strength and two-handed weapons. You can learn other skills later after you can stand on your own against most creatures.
Learn combat first, then you can easily get the xp to learn some skills.
Post Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:35 pm
Hawk
Village Leader
Village Leader

I guess I wanted to do as many quest etc. as possible. Seems they all need something special. I did get into the Thieves Guild but I know it doesn't count. There were some nice side quests though.
I wish this was more like Gothic I as you could change around some. I'd like to do the monastery ones but don't think I want to be a mage now. Because I haven't gone any further I'm sure how permanent some of my choices will be. I would really like to get some better armor. What do you suggest? Thanks for the help.
Post Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:50 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

YouŽll get an armour when you join a guild. If you think the mercenaries are too hard you can still join the paladins. That path is easier due to the additional magic abilities. From now on you should concentrate on combat skills and Str. Level 10 is more than enough to go on to chapter 2 - if you donŽt waste too many points on unimportant skills.
Post Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:20 pm
Voilence
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I`ve played trough Gothic 2 two times, one time i used all my skillpoints on strengt and on sword levels, that was a good chiose, I thought. but it was not. teh other time i used all my skillpoints on bowlevel and dexterety.
this vas a good choise. I killed the enemies long before they even reached me. and I was level 8 when i started chapter 2.
Post Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:49 pm
Hawk
Village Leader
Village Leader

Thanks everyone. I just started part 2. Joined the merceneries and have the second armor. I think I'm level 11. I found a great amulet to increase strength and another for Dex. Doing the crossbow for now but still can't beat Bullco with the sword. LOL!!!
Post Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:18 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

a little advice if u cant beat him face to face u should try a little bit different i beated bulco allready when i was level 6-7
Post Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:01 pm
Hawk
Village Leader
Village Leader

Thanks Daedalus. I've tried a few ways but will keep at it.
Post Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:06 am
Voilence
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

A way to defeat bullco

You should wait intill he attacks then you block..
and in the moment he is finished you attack.. and like that you just keep going.. bock first and then attack..
Post Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:43 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

hmm u can beat a guy who is outside the camp that way but u cant beat bullco that way the way i did it was.... SPOILER mayb

I talked to silvyo and told him he is an *beep* so bullco will after that run behin me i run to the place where a woodchucker is and climb on his tent so from there i start shooting bullco with arrows and after it gets almost to zero[life] then i jump down and hit him with my sword so he will not die
Post Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:46 pm
Hawk
Village Leader
Village Leader

That's a great idea. Thanks for the help. I will give it a try.
Post Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:19 pm
Voilence
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I killed bullco that way!!!

When you are at level 3 you can beat all the people on onars farm with that tactic..
I took all of them with that tactic...
It works..
belive it or not..

It is all about timing..
Post Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:31 pm
poohead8989
Village Leader
Village Leader

help but spoiler

quote:
Originally posted by Hawk
Thanks everyone. I just started part 2. Joined the merceneries and have the second armor. I think I'm level 11. I found a great amulet to increase strength and another for Dex. Doing the crossbow for now but still can't beat Bullco with the sword. LOL!!!

well hawk remember when you half to put the eye of innos on you will half take the amulet off so dont forget that

save~save~save on slots~slots~slots
Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:07 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

The eye of innos also works when you're not wearing it, as long as it is charged. With the mage I had the divine aura and didn't need to switch amulets. Maybe that's only with the mage cause the divine aura is something from Innos too.

Of course the eye offers quite some armor too.
Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:21 am
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

Spoiler:

It also works with the amulet you get to stop the black look of the seekers, you don't have to wear it for it to work.

Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:32 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next