View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
Jenny
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I'm not sure where to go next...

I'm sort of stuck now I think.

I've been to Arnika several times. I befriended the Umpani and went through the caves, shallows and Bayjin although I didn't kill Nessie because I wasn't high enough yet. I went to the swamp, the mines, made friends with the Tyrnie and the T'Rang. I took the Umpani letter to the Mook, killed the ratt and talked to Marten so I have the Destinae Dominus, Chaos Molrai and Astral thing.

I have an open quest with the T'Rang to betray the Umpani and an open quest with the Umpani to betray the T'Rang. I was hoping I wouldn't have to do either because maybe I can make them friends later.

I've read that the T'Rang have a useful teleporter but I can't find it anywhere. There are still two doors that I'm not allowed to use in the T'Rang base. Will I have to do that next quest and ruin my faction with the Umpani to get access to it?

Can anyone tell me where to go now?

On a side note, my figher is level 16ish and still using a store bought 2 handed weapon called a Flamberge. It's the best damage I can find but I can't use my cool shield with it. Will I find any good 1h swords or all the best ones 2h?

Thanks for your help.
Post Wed Sep 18, 2002 4:42 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Been to the Rapax Rift yet?
Post Wed Sep 18, 2002 5:58 am
otter
One of Us

Sounds like there're a couple of exits from the Swamp you haven't been to, and maybe you missed how get to the rest of LMB (T'rang base) where the Teleporter is. You don't need to go there, but it's helpful, esp if you want to go directly to the Rapax areas. There are some nice 1-handed Swords throughout the game:
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
P
A
C
E
The Mine Cart can take you to the place in LMB from which the T'rangaporter is available.
SWORDS:
Bloodlust, in Arnika: get Antone's Keycard from his chest, show ("give") it to the Bank Teller (or open the lift yourself by pressing the switch behind her counter)
Bushido, about 40% drop when you kill Raven
Fang, in the Temple in SE Wilderness (you get there from the Swamp)
Light Sword; low-% drop from the Buccaneer Ghosts
Giant's Sword (if you have a Mook) see Fang.
Post Wed Sep 18, 2002 6:23 am
shai_aus
Village Leader
Village Leader

The Giant's Sword is two-handed. It'd be pretty unfair having a sword with extended reach that was also one-handed.

Also of note:
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
P
A
C
E

Demonsbane, in the Monastary, behind the door that needs the wheel key
Ivory Blade, bought from Ferro in Rapax Castle: this thing is nuts, it's one-handed and yet it deals more damage than most two-handed swords. Ferro needs some items for it, though.

As for now, level 16 sounds about right to take on the temple in the SE Wilderness, so I'd go for Fang. It's much better than the Flamberge.
Post Wed Sep 18, 2002 1:20 pm
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

You may need to stash one of your artifacts, to trigger the Rapax encampment in the Wilderness clearing, somehow it normally only works when you are carrying 2 artifacts with you!
Post Wed Sep 18, 2002 2:30 pm
otter
One of Us

It's "at least" 2 of the Artifacts. If you have all three, it works, too.
Post Wed Sep 18, 2002 7:05 pm
Jenny
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Still no teleporter

Thanks for all your help. I still can't find the teleporter in Lower Martens Bluff. Can anyone give me directions to it please? I want to find it before I head back out to find the Rapax.

I've been over the whole place three times now. I got there via the carts. I used every possible combo and finally the last one that dropped me down in the base. I went down the long tunnel and entered the round room with several locked doors. I've seen Z'Ant, been up top via the lift and stairs, found the dead arm and got to the back area to see the T'Rang trader near the slippery floor and found Martens diary behind the painting.

What am I missing please?
Post Wed Sep 18, 2002 8:27 pm
otter
One of Us

If you go down the hall that's to the right of where you enter the Storage Area frome the Mine Tunnels, past the little U with the "Gas Trap Sign-Please Fix Me", up the next hall (accross and up a bit from the U), you can go up to the MB indoor section (with the Ghosts). Go through there and back down to LMB via the stairs (they're around from the hole in the floor that drops you in the water) and the T'rangaporter is to your left. BUT before you use it, go all the way to the other end of the hall and open the Iron Door (in the ceiling) to the outside, which makes it easier to get back here without having to fight more Ghosts. In the same place with the T'rang Arm, there is also a pair of wires; you need these to fix the T'rangaporter.
Post Thu Sep 19, 2002 6:39 am
Jenny
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

/cheer

Thank you!

I found it. That second set of stairs up in the ghost area looked just like the pair I came up with and I though I was just back where I started.
Post Thu Sep 19, 2002 7:03 am