ok a newb needing lots of help :(
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
spalding
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

ok a newb needing lots of help :(

first off i have played this game for 2 days straight so far. i am lvl 5 on my 3rd go around (don't ask me why i kept restarting). i have not used any of my skill points. i have done a lot of the quest to join old camp and a lot of the quest to join the sect camp. first of all what are the pros and cons of both?

second, i have gotten 2 out of four of the guys from sect camp to say i am worthy what do i need to do to get the other two. i know one of them i need to put someone in their audiance to sleep and the other i have no clue. plz help. also anyone have a link that shows walkthrough/spoilers for this newb stuff?

with the old camp i have gotten wistlers sword for him gotten the list for diego, got the amulet for whatever his name is, got the recipe for dexter, got my ass kicked by the two guys in the arena, what else do i need to do in the old camp?

also if i wanted to be a fire mage in the old camp what should i spend my credits on, i have them all still at lvl 5. and if i wanted to be a templar what should i spend credits on? and are templars also the mages of the sect camp? don't know much about the sects yet.

plz any help or any links would be greatly appreciated.

also if i get in a jam and want to do the whole devmode thing, i have tried editing the properties to the shortcut and it says that the target is invalid, anyone help with this?
Post Tue May 07, 2002 12:51 am
SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

alright, goto [site name removed] and search for gothic. there is a faq there. 2 actually, both are different, so read um both. I printed um both and use them regularly when im stuck. The guide should answer all your questions...

No need to lead people to the competition when GothicDot is so near.
Gorath

Don't you feel better now?
Post Tue May 07, 2002 12:54 am
spalding
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

thanks a ton i really appreciate it.
Post Tue May 07, 2002 12:56 am
SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

anytime and check the gamespy things, like rpgplanet, they sometimes get things right....

Don't you feel better now?
Post Tue May 07, 2002 1:00 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

From personal experience I can tell you that 99% of the sites, Gothic fan sites not counted, published the same wrong infos about Gothic.
It only improved after JemyM wrote his FAQ with massive help from GothicDot and its forums.
Post Tue May 07, 2002 2:41 am
Nazgul
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Ok here goes.... <<Deep breath>>

1. Old Camp: Can become mage the quickest. Also have fine career as fighter in this camp
Sect Camp: Can become a magic using warrior. A few extra side quests.

2. Guru One: Talk to Lester when not near him, the one at the entrance, and after saying you want to join, go bakc to the baal with Lester.
Guru Two: Bring Dusty from the old camp to him, he is on like a wooden thing with a few Novices in the middle of the camp.
Guru Three: When in the New Camp, there is a baal that will ask you to hand out weed, when you do this, ask to join as your reward. He gives you a special weed. Give it to the Guru in the Temple courtyard, with several Novices bowing down to him.
Guru Four: The baal with Novices smashing weed, talk to the Novice with a name. He will tell you to find his replacement. Hes next to the guy that gives you 3 free weeds per day. You have to beat him up. The baal will be happy you helped out. And youll have to gather the weed from the collecters in the swamp. When you get his vote, he will also give you a sleep scroll.
Guru Five: Use the Sleep scroll on one of the novices under the training ground.

You dont have to do all five, and i didnt name them in any order, except for the way i remember them.

3. You can learn a thief skill, and then talk to Fingers. Also you need to make Mordrag leave the camp. Talk to Thorus and say you want hi to test you.

4. Fire Mage: Save your points up to get up to circle four when you finally join the mages, and a bunch of mana. THats what i did, its all how you feel like making your character.
Templar: They are like the Guards and mages combined. Its the next level after Novice, and you can learn 1h/2h swords, and up to the 4th circle of magic. Spend the points how ever you feel like, with more emphasis on Fighitng skills.

5. You odnt have to mess around with your shortcut. When in game, go to your status screen, by pressing 's' or 'b'. type 'marvin' and then 's' or 'b' again. Ie, 'smarvins' or 'bmarvinb'. To open the console, press F2. try GothicDot if you want to look for the commands.

<<Exhale>> Phew.
Post Tue May 07, 2002 3:01 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Re: ok a newb needing lots of help :(

quote:
first off i have played this game for 2 days straight so far. i am lvl 5 on my 3rd go around (don't ask me why i kept restarting). i have not used any of my skill points. i have done a lot of the quest to join old camp and a lot of the quest to join the sect camp. first of all what are the pros and cons of both?

SC: magic early but only 4 circles
OC: magic a bit later but all 6 circles
NC: late, all 6

quote:

second, i have gotten 2 out of four of the guys from sect camp to say i am worthy what do i need to do to get the other two. i know one of them i need to put someone in their audiance to sleep and the other i have no clue. plz help. also anyone have a link that shows walkthrough/spoilers for this newb stuff?

Especially this stuff has been explained dozens of times in the forums. Click the search button and search the tips&tricks forum for it.

quote:

with the old camp i have gotten wistlers sword for him gotten the list for diego, got the amulet for whatever his name is, got the recipe for dexter, got my ass kicked by the two guys in the arena, what else do i need to do in the old camp?

Do Thorusīs quest, warn the guy and let him guide you to the NC. Also talk to Fingers.

quote:

also if i wanted to be a fire mage in the old camp what should i spend my credits on, i have them all still at lvl 5. and if i wanted to be a templar what should i spend credits on? and are templars also the mages of the sect camp? don't know much about the sects yet.

Templars are very strong warriors with some magic. As a mage you should learn the circles asap and allways have enough mana to cast 2-3 decent spells. Too much mana is unnecessary. Enough str to carry a good weapon like the Custodians Blade (44) is also quite helpful from time to time.
FYI: skills can be learned to 100; to improve further you need potions.

quote:

plz any help or any links would be greatly appreciated.

also if i get in a jam and want to do the whole devmode thing, i have tried editing the properties to the shortcut and it says that the target is invalid, anyone help with this?

Click on 'Hosted Sites'.

To open the console type
smarvins or bmarvinb
F2
Post Tue May 07, 2002 3:05 am
Nazgul
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

bah, you cheated. You used quotes to make yours all long.
Post Tue May 07, 2002 3:09 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Of course I used quotes!

One correction to your post:
Fingers should be impressed without learning a thief skill because 'Me' stole the recipe for Dexter.
Post Tue May 07, 2002 3:16 am
Nazgul
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Hmm, i always just learned lockpicking first, so i wouldnt need a zillion picks.
Post Tue May 07, 2002 3:20 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

There is of course some point in this.
Post Tue May 07, 2002 3:24 am

thanks all you have helped abunch! one more question and this might be me just being lazy can someone explain how you learn the different circles?
Post Tue May 07, 2002 3:29 am

Nazgul
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

You have to be a Fire Mage, Water Mage, Templar

Fire Mage - Talk to Corristo and ask him to advance you to next circle.
Water Mage - Ask same of Saturas? or Nefarius? One of them... I didnt have to ask them to teach me.
Templar - Talk to the Baal under the training grounds, and ask to advance to the next Circle. You can only reach Circle 4 as a Templar.

@Gorath: Cheater!
Post Tue May 07, 2002 3:34 am
Moonslash
Celestial Guardian
Celestial Guardian

Also, in order to learn circle 6, you need to become a necromancer.

Things are neither completely bright nor dark.

Do you go right? Or do you go left? A simple decision, yes? No ambiguities. Only the dream of the path not taken! And so one might stand in this place and contemplate for a long while. What will I miss if I go left? What will I lose if I go right? And in my indecision, have I chosen a worse fate?
Post Tue May 07, 2002 4:46 am
DzD
Unknown
Unknown

@Nazgul
You donīt need to be a templar, you only need to be a novice
His latest, a hit
Cuz the Little One's a mystery to me

Written by - dteowner
Post Tue May 07, 2002 10:51 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next