Need help with dragons in addon
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
kriksa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Need help with dragons in addon

I cant beat up the dragon near the old mountain fort, he heals too fast, with all the rings and belts and stuff i have 130 strength, light dragonhunters armor, a onehanded axe, that does 125 damage, 411 hp and 32points in onehanded combat. I cant kill it with a ranged weapon, it heals too fast for that. I managed to beat the swamp dragon only cus i had Cipher and Rod helping me, but neither Gorn nor Biff will come near the dragon.
Can somebody give me some advice, how to beat him or where should i put my next skillpoints at.
Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:08 am
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

Re: Need help with dragons in addon

What is it with Bif and he can't help you.Anyay you can use the marvin mode and become a god.You simply press c and type marvin then again c ant then F2 and write cheat god
Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:42 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

yup i tell you what just buy a good crossbow somewhere and buy alot of bolts for it also and then when u ready go enter the dragons place and stay a little bit away from the dragon so he cant hit you with his fireballs and fire , you gonnna spend at least 100 bolts but u gonna kill it for sure , i killed with that strategy all of them and it was pretty easy [ and dont stop shooting at it cos then he gonna reheal again and u need to start all over]
Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:44 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

Also you can take a weapon and a good one in a cave near the stone circle.Where you heal the eye of innos.It has 2 shadow lords but with a bit of luck you can beat them.
Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:51 pm
Edda
Village Leader
Village Leader

A very easy way to kill a dragon is to apply a scroll for fear or a demon scroll, and then defeat the dragon with a sword or arrows or something else. But that is too easy somehow, like cheating
Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:04 pm
kriksa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

I dont want to cheat, ive made it too far without em and i dont want to use em now.I tried the yellow crossbow(cant remember neither the name nor damage), he healed too fast and my dex is only 10, i havent trained it at all, so its a bit difficult. I think ill look for a scroll of fear if i get really desperate.
And thx for your help.
Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:54 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Yeah, forgot the Marvin mode, that's a sad way around the issues, rather then resolving these.

Other then that, use, for exampe, summoning scrolls as help. Send summoned mobs in as cannon fodder and while they distract, you attack. If the dragon turns on you, the summoned mobs will still keep it's regen under control with their attacks.

Also, if you found some black ore pieces, you can try to use those when fighting a dragon, hopefully they'll give you enough of edge to beat the dragons solo. If you didn't know, then the black ore slows the time down for everyone around you but you, so you can use it, and then beat on the dragon while it lasts. If goes well, you may kill the dragon before the effect is out, if not, you'll damage it enough, hopefully, to finish it off anyways.
Post Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:11 am
kriksa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

ill try summoning, that might work, thx
currently im leveling in the addon world, if im finished there, then ill try the dragons once more. Looks like there has been an evil necromancer loose in the swamp, its full of zombies and golems.
Post Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:09 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

o yea u gonna see many kind of weird stuff in the addon levels belive me but here comes another tip just find a spell named Shrink and then just cast it on the dragon it will be that little that you just kill it with a few bolts or with some swings with your sword
Post Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:21 pm
kriksa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

theres shrink in G2 also, didnt know that, ive never payed too much attention to spells, i always play as a dragon hunter and prefer the good old fashion just beat 'em up style
Post Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:01 pm
Beliarsclew
Victim Of The Greed
Victim Of The Greed

or you can let gorn help you!

Last edited by Beliarsclew on Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:27 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Does Gorn go up with you in the addon? I know he doesn't in the regular game, noone does.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:32 pm
kriksa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Gorn helps you with the harpies and lizardmen and stuff, but he wont help you with the dragon. He turns back before the dragon and says he needs to keep an eye on the orc wall thingy.
Post Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:34 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

And what about Biff.
Post Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:46 am
kriksa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

same with him, he is afraid of the dragon, some dragon hunter
Post Sat Jul 03, 2004 11:03 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next